HDMI splitter question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scmhogg
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2003
    • 1839
    • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
    • BT3000

    #1

    HDMI splitter question

    A good friend of mine has an LCD TV that only has one HDMI input. All the splitters I found on line allow two TVs to be attached to one source. Do they make splitters that allow two inputs, such as cable box and blueray to his TV?

    Steve
    I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell
  • jziegler
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • 1149
    • Salem, NJ, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #2
    What you want is an HDMI switch, not an HDMI splitter. Take a look here:

    http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...09&cp_id=10110

    A push button one is cheaper, but a remote controlled one will be easier to use.

    Make sure you order any needed cables as well.

    Comment

    • Chris_B
      Established Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 216
      • Cupertino, CA

      #3
      BTW, Monoprice is a terrific store. Everything I have bought there has been very good quality and reasonably priced.

      Comment

      • scmhogg
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2003
        • 1839
        • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
        • BT3000

        #4
        Thank you so much. I ordered the one with the remote.

        Steve
        I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

        Comment

        • alpha
          Established Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 352
          • Owensboro, KY, USA.

          #5
          Originally posted by Chris_B
          BTW, Monoprice is a terrific store. Everything I have bought there has been very good quality and reasonably priced.
          One of my favorites, as well. I usually end up ordering extra cables--cat5, usb, etc. since they don't add much to the shipping charges.

          Comment

          Working...