Most likely it will be delivered on a container chassis (trailer). This is the industry standard way of doing things. The other option is for the container to go to a CFS dock where it could be transloaded into a moving van but that is an added cost.
I'm not dead but I am tired!
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
Donate to my Tour de Cure
marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©
Head servant of the forum
©
-
Mark,
I didn't know what the terminology was but since you mentioned it, the second is usually (but not always) how deliveries and pick-ups are done with our organization.
I just called our business/logistics manger about this. He said that we will get a call after the freight passes customs, and we will be asked how we want it delivered - in the container or have it unloaded into our house. They won't unpack it, just take it into the house.
I am not going to argue with that. All boxes are marked, numbered, itemized listed and added into the computer. So we will have an easy time with finding ANYthing just by looking for a specific box or tool bin/box. One GOOD thing about starting so early is that we will have 100% of boxed items finished. It usually is hard to find things when 5 to 6 packers are packing and in different rooms and they list things quite different from what the owner would.
I wrote of an experience back in 2003 here with some other movers (Japanese) boxing and labeling my things! It will be Japanese that will be doing the packing this time too. And they don't usually write things in Romaji/English.Hank Lee
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
Comment
-
I haven't forgotten you. Yes, my sister lives in Folsom, and have an aunt in Sac. I will be there some time next year - early summer of mid fall, probably.Hank Lee
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
Comment

Comment