X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Fantasy Football league

I,m starting a FFL over at NFL.com for anyone intersted ,there only 19 spots left, Its an automated draft with 20 teams, No money involved just pride in winning at the end of the yr(although I might throw in an old Falcons t-shirt as a prize) Its just for fun guys so cmon in. Go to this link, http://www.nfl.com/fantasy and after signing up look for league ID #119385,the password is hardwood, hope to cya there,Tommy
  • natausch
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Aurora, IL
    • BT3000 - 15A

I'm in, told myself I'd limit my teams to my historic (14 years) and our couples league, but whats the harm in one more.

Comment

• tommyt654
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2008

Great we are gettin there, dropped it down to 16 teams though, heres a better link, http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/119385

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

Still got some room, Don,t get the fever and then realize ,Dang I shoulda joined that league with the rest of the woodworkin guys

Comment

• natausch
          Established Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Aurora, IL
          • BT3000 - 15A

Free leagues are especially valuable since they give you an opportunity to learn the game.

Most people who don't play really don't understand why people do.

If you haven't ever played here's a quick rundown

1. Leagues consist of teams that are run by individuals
          2. Teams are selected through a draft, each round starts with the first person in the order, the round immediatly after starts with the last person in the order, 1 through 16 then 16 through 1. This helps balance the top talent
          3. You draft Offensive positions and a Defense. Traditionally you'll have a starting lineup of 2 Running Backs, 1 Quarter Back, 2-3 Wide Receivers, a Tight End, a Defense and possibly a Special Team. Each player in real life can only be selected once in the league
          4. You generate points for your team based on the productivity of the player you start. Say you have Aaron Rogers and he throws for 320 Yards and 2 Touchdowns, that would be worth X points per completion, Y per yards and Z per touchdown
          5. Competition is handled through alternating matchups, normally each team in a division will play twice, then you'll play outside of your division a handful of times
          6. Best Records get into the playoffs, which normally take place from week 14-16 of the regular season. Playoffs are always a hit or miss mark since the best players are being rested, some teams have given up and injuries are the most significant. I've rarely seen a league where the overall highest score team wins the championship

Its a fun game beacuse you don't invest significant amount of time to play from week to week. You set your lineup (less than 5 minutes) and draft/drop players based on injuries/performance. The return though is that you become more invested in Football. I don't particularly care about the Jets on a given day, but if Sanchez is my quarterback and he does well then I'll be more apt to pay attention to that game or the overall success of the team.

If you haven't ever played, or even thought about it I'd give it a shot.

Comment

• tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008

Fri night bump, 10 spots left. I know some of ya,ll are thinkin about this. Just pull the trigger and compete against your friends here and elsewhere.

Comment

• SettleThePuck
              Forum Newbie
              • Jul 2010

I'm in from the ATL with "Riding the bench we built" My first fantasy football league experience. Tried hockey and baseball, but just too many games to keep up with, 82 and 162 games per year respectively. Should be fun. Is it okay to invite another friend of mine to help fill out the league?
              Last edited by SettleThePuck; 08-15-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• SettleThePuck
                Forum Newbie
                • Jul 2010

One week away from the draft and still short on players. I'm sure someone else has been watching some preseason football and getting the fever like me.

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Yes by all means lets get this thing filled,Tommy

Comment

• billwmeyer
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2003
                    • Weir, Ks, USA.
                    • BT3000

I signed up last night. I don't know what I'm doing, but it ought to be fun to learn.

Bill
                    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• tommyt654
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008

It is usually fun and breaks the monotony of the weekend for me sometimes. Hope some others will sign up before the last slots are filled. Draft starts Sat better hurry,Tommyt

Comment

• tommyt654
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2008

Well we are down to 3 spots left and the draft starts Sat the 28th, Who gonna get in and whos gonna get left out, Cmon guys better hurry,Tommy

Comment

• tommyt654
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008

Need 1 more guy from here as I have 2 from 2 different woodworking websites(SMC and WoodNet) that say their joinin tonight,So lets see about 1 more from here O.K. guys.

Comment

• tommyt654
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2008

2 spots left ,ollie ollie in come free

Comment

• toolbelt diva
                              Established Member
                              • Oct 2004
                              • Houston, TX, USA.
                              • Ryobi BT3100-1

I'll give it a try, but won't be able to sign up until later tonight.
                              Rita

Comment

Working...