X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

KISS, A tribute to our troops

Never figured Gene Simmons as a guy that would support our troops,Guess I was wrong, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MtdIO23MKM
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

I am no Gene Simmons fan, but that was really cool.
    Joe

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

His mother is a Holocaust survivor, and his support of the American military goes way back. Most of his "bad boy" persona is/was to sell records and concert tickets.

Comment

• iceman61
        • Oct 2007
        • West TN
        • Bosch 4100-09

If you want to see just how Pro-America he really is, just read his April 17th blog on http://www.genesimmons.com/news/042003.html

Comment

• sailor55330
          Established Member
          • Jan 2010

You know, whether or not you like him, his music, or his persona he projects, it's hard to argue that what was linked above was an act and not genuine. I commend the gentleman for having the courage to call it like he sees it, doing something that he felt was important for the troop's morale, and most of all, not apologize for his actions, or the actions of our country.

All too often I see the bleeding heart liberals complaining that America sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong, or that we are "warmongers". My only comment to that is this. To the best of my knowledge, we as a country have not aggressively set foot on any soil with the intentions to conquer, gain resources, or control land or populations, but rather to try and help countries that are being conquered, terrorized, or controlled to a point where quality of life is being greatly diminished for the native inhabitants of that land. I'm sure someone somewhere will show that I'm wrong.

I for one wish we had more people who have the media voice to express such opinions using it in a positive way and doing it without regard for their own fame or status, unlike much of Hollywood's special people.

I'll be quiet now.
          Last edited by sailor55330; 07-13-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• DrChas
            Established Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Burlington, Vt, USA.

You have to recognize Gene Simmons for what he is. He is a confessed business man. That's what he does, and that's where he gets his fun. He discovered that KISS was a money maker, and he did what any good business man does: He marketed his product. I am no fan of his music, but I have to respect him. He found a way to make money that really gives a lot of people a lot of fun and pleasure, and he doesn't hurt anybody. Viewed as a business man rather than an artist, I do rather like him. Given that, I am pleased, but not surprised, that he is a true American patriot.

Comment

Working...