• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billwmeyer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Weir, Ks, USA.
    • BT3000

I am right handed and I do everything right handed, except deal cards. My sister taught me how to do that and she was left handed.

Bill
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• drillman88
      • Dec 2007
      • Southeast
      • Delta Platinum Edition Contractor Saw

I swing a bsaeball bat left handed, can shoot basketball lefty or righty with about the same accuracy out to the foul line, which is the only way I can keep up with my son in games of horse. I used to be able to write fairly well lefty, but haven't tried in quite a while. Everything else is right handed.

This guy is amazing. To be able to pitch with either hand at a profesional level is unreal.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/361059...orts-baseball/
      I think therefore I .....awwww where is that remote.

Comment

• MikeMorgan
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2009

Also in My Right Mind

The trigger lock on my 3/8 drill is always "locking itself". But I never have gotten used to my Porter Cable left hand circular saw. Go Figure!

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
          Bandsaw Box Momma
          • Apr 2005
          • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Our oldest son is left handed and seems to be about the only one in the family that is a lefty. There might one other. But trying to teach him to write was difficult. When he wanted to go bowling I had a hard time helping him because I bowl right and bowling left is way different. We have to buy him special note books for school (spiral) and scissors otherwise he struggles when he needs to cut things.
          Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• sscherin
            • Dec 2003
            • Kennewick, WA, USA.

Originally posted by Mrs. Wallnut
            Our oldest son is left handed and seems to be about the only one in the family that is a lefty. There might one other. But trying to teach him to write was difficult. When he wanted to go bowling I had a hard time helping him because I bowl right and bowling left is way different. We have to buy him special note books for school (spiral) and scissors otherwise he struggles when he needs to cut things.
            My mom tried to get me the special notebooks.. The regular kind work just fine upside down or I'd just deal with it.. Same with clipboards.. I hate clipboards.. I usually flip the papers and write with the clip on the bottom..

Computers.. Mouse on the right.. I've never understood left hand mousing or reversing the buttons.. I can take notes with the left while scrolling, highlighting or whatever..

OK scissors suck..
            William's Law--
            There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
            cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• crybdr
              Established Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Lake Mills, WI
              • Ryobi BT3100

I'm a lefty - with some right hand tendencies. My left / right handedness always befuddled my gym instructors and parents growing up.....I don't know how unusual this is:

Writing & Drawing - Left (can whiteboard Right)
              Eating - Ambidextrous
              Baseball Batting - Left
              Baseball Fielding and Throwing - Right (I use a right-hander's glove, probably because that's what was available to me growing up)
              Golf - Left
              Computer Mouse - Right
              Soccer - Right leg more powerful
              Skateboarding - Switch foot, left leg in front, left leg used to kick (this was hard - always having to reposition my feet on the board)
              Handsaw - Right
              Shoot a gun - Right
              Tennis & Racquetball - Right

Comment

Working...