• Show
Clear All
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Attention: Richard in Smithville and other Dr Who fans

In case you missed it here is something for you and other Dr. Who fans...

An actual TARDIS from the show is being auctioned

Bill
    over here in the fog
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

Thanks for the link although LOML has just stated,
    I don't thing we need a TARDIS in our livingroom
    But I think I could find space in the shop. With the inside being bigger than the out side, I could even make it my shop!
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Richard in Smithville
      With the inside being bigger than the out side, I could even make it my shop!
      I hate being the one to have to break it to you, but it really doesn't work that way. The inside of the Tardis was just a set.

Sorry about that, but I know how you must feel now. It's probably a lot like when I found out there wasn't really a tooth fairy last year.
      Erik

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by pelligrini
        I hate being the one to have to break it to you, but it really doesn't work that way. The inside of the Tardis was just a set.

Sorry about that, but I know how you must feel now. It's probably a lot like when I found out there wasn't really a tooth fairy last year.
        May the Daleks pay you a visit for that.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

Sold

Lot No: 142W

Doctor Who: Christopher Eccleston as the Ninth Doctor, A complete Tardis prop, circa 2005, of painted rasped wood panel and glass construction, the base having painted parquet effect floor, panels fastening using bracket and bolt, having a pair of hinged doors, on with Yale® lock, with windows to doors and signage to front, top section of Tardis with removable 'Police Box' signs, interior of Tardis roof with a number of miniature lights, and further interior lighting, the roof with removable lamp to top, height approximately 10ft

Sold for £10,800 inclusive of Buyer's Premium

Footnote:
          This lot was purchased directly from the BBC after completion of filming on this series.
          Erik

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

I actually thought at one time, of making one, for the entrance, to my dream home. (two sets of doors, to cut down on heating/ac loss)
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...