• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

A Flat Free And A Flashlight

I made my monthly trip to HF today. This time I arrived with a bevy of coupons. One was for a free little 3" flashlight with LED's. What a great deal for even twice the price. It emits a very bright blue white beam, and batteries were included.

I had a 20% discount coupon that I devoted to a replacement wheelbarrow wheel and tire. The old one wouldn't hold air for a whole day, so it was time. They had a replacement called "flat free". It's kind of a solid, but cushy tire (it has some give). I think that will solve the problem.

The deal with the 20% coupons is that they have to be in date (they checked it), and only one item per coupon. If you have two coupons, and you want to apply the discount to a second item, you have to make two different transactions. I did that with a hedge clipper, which will make LOML very happy.
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

How much was the flat free tire? (someone debating between that and the innertubes)
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cabinetman
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
      How much was the flat free tire? (someone debating between that and the innertubes)

I had the same debate. I decided not to have the "air, or lack of it" problem. I think the rubber just rots and leaks. I have to keep the wheelbarrow outside, but I keep it covered.

Hf didn't have the right size tube in stock, which was under $10. I decided to go for the flat free tire/wheel combination. With the discount was about $24.

Comment

• sscherin
        • Dec 2003
        • Kennewick, WA, USA.

Around here they have been putting those free flashlight coupons in the paper every 2 weeks.
        It's a good thing because the kids keep walking off with em..
        William's Law--
        There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
        cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• billwmeyer
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Weir, Ks, USA.
          • BT3000

Those are great little flashlights. Very handy.
          Bill
          "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• cabinetman
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

Originally posted by sscherin
            Around here they have been putting those free flashlight coupons in the paper every 2 weeks.
            It's a good thing because the kids keep walking off with em..

I have to get another one...LOML already claimed it.

Comment

Working...