I would have thought they would have made it in the shape of a Big Gulp dust collector fitting. Then they should have been able to collect and pump ice and all into tanks on barges to be separated and purified later. Something like that should have worked to at least collect most of it. I am sure I ain't seeing the whole picture though. Maybe the gas and oil has to be separated before any type storage is done. Other factors too. I don't even know what the design of the one they used looked like.
I do know that it has effect many many folks around here and oil hasn't even reached our beach yet. LOML still works for a vacation rental co and there were initially many vacation plans cancelled.
I know lots for fishermen and Charter boats have been impacted. The effects go much farther down line than you might think, economically speaking. LA is much worse for the wear and will be for some time to come. BP will likely start hollering Broke and Poor soon.
I do know that it has effect many many folks around here and oil hasn't even reached our beach yet. LOML still works for a vacation rental co and there were initially many vacation plans cancelled.
I know lots for fishermen and Charter boats have been impacted. The effects go much farther down line than you might think, economically speaking. LA is much worse for the wear and will be for some time to come. BP will likely start hollering Broke and Poor soon.


Comment