• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

The Bar Is Set Really Low

Apparently. On the way home from work stopped and got Mother's Day cards. The saleswoman commented that I was getting it done early - most guys are rushing in Saturday night just before closing. I also picked up some bath stuff and the saleswoman there made the same comment.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Uhm, yeah, uhh....the past couple of years I've actually packed up the kids and ran to the drug store while SWMBO was in the shower getting ready for church.

With everything we have going on, sometimes it's hard to slip away for a few minutes to get something for her. Gotta do it early this year, she and the kids are going to her aunt's horse farm for the weekend. Would be nice for the cards to go with the kids.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Oh I'm not bragging. That was procrastination for me too. Yesterday was the last day I could do anything. I/We have stuff the next few days.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

I'll make it out in a day or so. For all the gift giving times in addition to some gift, I also give her some setup of silk red roses. All are displayed differently. Some are encased in glass, while others are in decorative containers. They last a lot longer than "real" roses.

Comment

• germdoc
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Omaha, NE
          • BT3000--the gray ghost

I already ordered flowers for my mom from flowers.com. I can save $5 in delivery if they're delivered on Thursday vs. Sat., so I guess mom will get them well in time for the "holiday". I got the "Lily Special" with free vase.

On a side note, I love my mom, but I think this is the stupidest holiday ever. It is basically a concoction of the greeting card industry. Grrrr....
          Last edited by germdoc; 05-05-2010, 02:22 PM.
          Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

So is Father's Day... and Valentine's Day....

Oh and if you are ordering flowers, I would call a place local to whoever you are sending them to, rather than some place like 1-800-Flowers. You will get better service and more for your money since 800-Flowers takes a cut of what they give to the local florist. They are easy to find online.
            David

Comment

• BrazosJake
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • Benbrook, TX.
              • Emerson-built Craftsman

Mother's day is near?

Here's how the brain of a typical male woodworker operates:

My mind registered the words "Bar", "Really", and "Low" under Recent Posts. I opened this thread expecting a sale on clamps:-)

Comment

• atgcpaul
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2003
                • Maryland
                • Grizzly 1023SLX

Does it count if my wife is pregnant but we don't have any kids yet? Do I get Father's Day if the due date is after? I think I'd better get a card for her

Comment

• crokett
                  The Full Monte
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Mebane, NC, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

Believe me, it can't hurt to get her a card even if you aren't officially parents yet.
                  David

Comment

• atgcpaul
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2003
                    • Maryland
                    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Better safe than sorry, I suppose

Comment

• Mr__Bill
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2007
                      • Tacoma, WA
                      • BT3000

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                      Does it count if my wife is pregnant but we don't have any kids yet? Do I get Father's Day if the due date is after? I think I'd better get a card for her
                      Congratulations, she gets two cards, one from you and one from the kid-to-be. While you are at it make a nice box to put the cards into for the next 20 years or so. Remember you are banking spousal points for when the baby is crying in the middle of the night and you don't wake up.

Bill
                      been there, failed to do it all and suffered the consequences.

Comment

• BrazosJake
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2003
                        • Benbrook, TX.
                        • Emerson-built Craftsman

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                        Are you kidding? How long have you been married? It counts if she has a pet hamster!!

Comment

Working...