Mountain Weather

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 2638
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    Mountain Weather

    We still have a lot of snow on the ground, especially for this time of year. There's more than a foot of densely packed snow on protected areas of hte roof. Two feet of new snow fell in the first ten days of April, and now two more storms are forecast over the next ten days that could bring more snow.

    This is my first year living up here full time. The day after we got married in June of 2003, a storm brought snow, sleet, hail, rain and thunder, so I'm not surprised at the occasional spring snow. I just never anticipated more snow in April than we had in January!

    The good news is that I don't have to start prepping and staining the decks (4 in all) just yet.
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #2
    Originally posted by jackellis
    The day after we got married in June of 2003, a storm brought snow, sleet, hail, rain and thunder, so I'm not surprised at the occasional spring snow.

    That must have been one heckuva wedding. It's been in the mid 70's to low 80's here, sunny, cool breeze...no snow this winter (but it did snow here in 1975).
    .

    Comment

    • herb fellows
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 1867
      • New York City
      • bt3100

      #3
      Originally posted by cabinetman
      That must have been one heckuva wedding. It's been in the mid 70's to low 80's here, sunny, cool breeze...no snow this winter (but it did snow here in 1975).
      .
      Well, sir, would you like a little more salt in that wound?
      Just for laughs, you may want to check back with C man in July or August. Revenge is indeed a dish best served cold:-)
      You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

      Comment

      • cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • 15216
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

        #4
        Originally posted by herb fellows
        Well, sir, would you like a little more salt in that wound?
        Just for laughs, you may want to check back with C man in July or August. Revenge is indeed a dish best served cold:-)

        Yep, by then we're on bake, like a lot of other areas. But the only crunchy stuff underfoot is beach sand.
        .

        Comment

        • scmhogg
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2003
          • 1839
          • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
          • BT3000

          #5
          I used to ski a lot a Mammoth Mountain, about 150 miles south of Lake Tahoe.

          At Mammoth, they say, "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes."

          Steve
          I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

          Comment

          • tommyt654
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 2334

            #6
            Don,t take this the wrong way Jack, but I feel for ya bud.(See my post on minor leagues today)

            Comment

            • jackellis
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2003
              • 2638
              • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
              • BT3100

              #7
              I spent most of today outside, between trying to do a little flying and a trip down to Reno for groceries and shelf brackets. Beautiful day with temperatures in the low 60s. The only disappointment was a yellow and black winged stowaway who levitated off the glareshield as I broke ground, requiring an immediate landing. Since I couldn't tell whether he flew out of the airplane, I decided to call it a day and take a drive instead.

              It's pretty quiet up here now, but boats will go in the water next month and then the summer tourists arrive.

              The weather up here is fun to watch and talk about, but I'm not unhappy. We have great views most folks would kill for.

              Comment

              Working...