X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JSUPreston
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • Montgomery, AL.
    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Okay, I'll bite. The assistant principal at my junior high was named Michael Harry Dick. Rumor had it that his wife's name was Anita.

A high school principal in Talladega County had the name Donald Duck. He was named that BEFORE Disney used the name.
    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• luteman
      Established Member
      • Dec 2007
      • Northern Michigan
      • BT3100-1

Back in the 60s I was a welfare caseworker in Detroit so every day we would come across some unusual African American childrens names. My favorite was Uterus Jones(last name changed for privacy reasons). Then there were the twins Syphyllis and Gonorrhea. And the list goes on.

Comment

• JeffG78
        Established Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
        • BT3100

Back in college, while working in a store that required a driver's license to be shown for credit card purchases, I came across a girl who's real name was Rita Magazine.

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

I worked with a gal with the last name Stuck, when they were wondering about names for their new boy on the way I suggested Dick Scott Stuck (say it real fast). She wasn't very amused.

My wife, her sisters and her brother all ended up with the initals DDT.
          Erik

Comment

• sscherin
            • Dec 2003
            • Kennewick, WA, USA.

We used to make TV commercials for Ben Dover. He ran a computer store in Yakima, Wa

He now runs an Orchard

William's Law--
            There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
            cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Boss had and sold four losing superbowl rings. They belonged to a former a/v guy for the Denver Bronco's. His name is Rusty Nail, and he did name his daughter Penny.

I also heard but can't verify, one about a woman who had a daughter, and named her Placenta.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• scmhogg
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2003
                • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
                • BT3000

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                My mom was in high school with twins, the Hogg sisters, named Ima and Ura... (I didn't believe it, either, so she hauled out the yearbook, and sure enough... )
                I resemble that remark. Unfortunately, a different branch of the family. Hogg is a very common name in Scotland. My branch moved to London.

Steve
                I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• herb fellows
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • New York City
                  • bt3100

MY fil's last name was Hind, first name George. That didn't stop his friends from calling him Herbie though.
                  You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• drillman88
                    • Dec 2007
                    • Southeast
                    • Delta Platinum Edition Contractor Saw

Many years ago when I worked at a retail store A female customer wrote a check and I checked her drivers license for identity I noticed her first name was Tequila. I guess that was what probably brought on her conception, but I didn't persue the issue. I would have liked to persue her as she was very attractive, but her husband, who was with her, would probably have persued me.
                    I think therefore I .....awwww where is that remote.

Comment

• Shep
                      • Nov 2008
                      • Columbus, OH
                      • Hitachi C10FL

I always wonder why some parents use the obvious bad names. My dad had a friend in high school named Allen Allen. Aparantly they liked the name Allen.
                      -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

• JeffG78
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2007
                        • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                        • BT3100

How about the news story from a few months ago. A woman was all ticked off because nobody pronounced her daughter's name right. Her daughter's name is La-a. It is pronounced "La dash a"

Comment

Working...