Remembering the Brave

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 2969
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    Remembering the Brave

    This was sent to me in an Email from a retired Calif. Highway Patrol Sgt. It is at the Marine Corps Museum in Florida. Very emotional

    http://www.rememberingthebrave.org/speech/
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • 7091
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

    #2
    I'm confused. The National Museum of the Marine Corps (photo of the entrance is shown in the clip) is at Quantico in Virginia. Florida has the Museum of Naval Aviation (at Pensacola NAS), and there is a considerable Marine presence there, but mostly aviation-related.

    Comment

    • TB Roye
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • 2969
      • Sacramento, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

      #3
      Sorry, Not enough coffee before I posted it. Geography wasn't my best subject in school. My apologies to all the Marine members of BT3 Central.

      Tom
      Last edited by TB Roye; 12-30-2009, 10:31 AM.

      Comment

      • RAFlorida
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 1179
        • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
        • Ryobi BT3000

        #4
        Thanks Tom for sharing

        that site. It's more than words can say.

        Comment

        • Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • 7091
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

          #5
          Originally posted by TB Roye
          Sorry, Not enough coffee before I posted it. Geography wasn't my best subject in school. My apologies to all the Marine members of BT3 Central.
          No sweat, Tom... Just needed my confusion cleared up (and I've got plenty of that... ). The Marines will have no trouble seeing your level of respect.

          Comment

          • Leatherneck
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2009
            • 33
            • RYOBI BT3000

            #6
            Ooh raah!!

            Thanks TB! It is very moving to see the family of fallen Marines.

            As an enlisted Jarhead, fellow Marines and I spent lots of time together in very close quarters...squad bays and barracks. I knew most of their families and they knew mine...especially after a trip to the pay-phone. We mostly talked to each other because phone calls were expensive and thus infrequent. In hindsight, it was the best of times.

            Semper Fidelis

            John
            Last edited by Leatherneck; 12-30-2009, 04:58 PM. Reason: mis-placed "of" in text

            Comment

            Working...