X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smorris
    • Apr 2003
    • Tampa, Florida, USA.

Anyone subscribed to the FWW website

I'm considering paying for access to the Fine Woodworking site, I thought I'd check the folks here and see if anyone is currently a member and if it is worth the cost? I'll probably do the free trial but don't want to waste my time if it doesn't have worthwhile content.
    --
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice
  • wardprobst
    • Jan 2006
    • Wichita Falls, TX, USA.
    • Craftsman 22811

I've been subscribed to it for a while and I find it valuable.
    DP
    www.wardprobst.com

Comment

• TomBar
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2005
      • Rexford, NY, USA.
      • BT3100

I also subscribe and I think it is well worth it.
      Tom

Comment

• Rich P
        Established Member
        • Apr 2003
        • Foresthill, CA, USA.
        • Powermatic 66 (1966 vintage)

Definitely worth it IMHO. Besides being very humbling, it's a great source of ideas, tips, tool info, materials, and on and on. If you subscribe to the mag, the cost is minimal. Only down side is their presentations can be a bit cumbersome and all their videos start with the same lead-in including a guitar ditty that gets annoying after the 10th time.
        Don't ever ask a barber if you need a haircut.

Comment

• radhak
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Miramar, FL
          • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

I am member for the past couple of years, and it's the best $34 I can spend any year - for me, it's a tool by itself. I don't see their videos a lot, but download and print lotsa articles and plans from their archives. Rarely will you see such authority and clarity of procedure. Yes, most times I can't match the skill, but they do keep my creative juices flowing.

I don't subscribe to their print edition - I'm trying to be a less of a packrat; but all their print articles are available online.
          It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
          - Aristotle

Comment

• Norm in Fujino
            • Dec 2002
            • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
            • Ryobi BT-3000

Interestingly enough, I was a subscriber to the magazine for several years (and to Fine Housebuilding before that), but then things got busy at work and I let the subscription lapse. But just last week I renewed my subscription. I definitely like Taunton better than some other rags I could name. The FWW site has lots of online videos that are also helpful at times.
            ==========
            ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
            Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Comment

Working...