• Show
Clear All
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Men's Age as Determined by a Trip to Home Depot

Men's Age as Determined by a Trip to Home Depot

You are in the middle of some kind of project around the house- mowing the lawn, putting in a new fence, painting the living room, or whatever. You are hot and sweaty, covered in dirt or paint. You have your old work clothes on. You know the outfit - shorts with the hole in the crotch, old T-shirt with a stain from who knows what, and an old pair of tennis shoes.
    Right in the middle of this great home improvement project you realize you need to run to Home Depot to get something to help complete the job.

Depending on your age you might do the following:

In your 20's:
    Stop what you are doing. Shave, take a shower, blow dry your hair, brush your teeth, floss, and put on clean clothes. Check yourself in the mirror and flex. Add a dab of your favorite cologne because you never know, you just might meet some hot chick while standing in the checkout lane. And you went to school with the pretty girl running the register.

In your 30's:
    Stop what you are doing, put on clean shorts and shirt. Change shoes. You married the hot chick so no need for much else. Wash your hands and comb your hair. Check yourself in the mirror. Still got it. Add a shot of your favorite cologne to cover the smell. The cute girl running the register is the kid sister to someone you went to school with.

In your 40's:
    Stop what you are doing. Put on a sweatshirt that is long enough to cover the hole in the crotch of your shorts. Put on different shoes and a hat. Wash your hands. Your bottle of Brute Cologne is almost empty so you don't want to waste any of it on a trip to Home Depot. Check yourself in the mirror and do more sucking in than flexing. The spicy young thing running the register is your daughter's age and you feel weird thinking she is spicy.

In your 50's:
    Stop what you are doing. Put a hat on, wipe the dirt off your hands onto your shirt. Change shoes because you don't want to get dog doo-doo in your new sports car. Check yourself in the mirror and you swear not to wear that shirt anymore because it makes you look fat. The Cutie running the register smiles when she sees you coming and you think you still have it. Then you remember the hat you have on is from Buddy's Bait & Beer Bar and it says, 'I Got Worms.'

In your 60's:
    Stop what you are doing. No need for a hat anymore. Hose the dog doo-doo off your shoes. The mirror was shattered when you were in your 50's. You hope you have underwear on so nothing hangs out the hole in your pants. The girl running the register may be cute, but you don't have your glasses on so you are not sure.

In your 70's:
    Stop what you are doing. Wait to go to Home Depot until the drug store has your prescriptions ready, too. Don't even notice the dog doo-doo on your shoes. The young thing at the register smiles at you because you remind her of her grandfather.

In your 80's:
    Stop what you are doing. Start again. Then stop again. Now you remember you needed to go to Home Depot. Go to Wal-Mart instead and wander around trying to think what it is you are looking for. Fart out loud and you think someone called out your name. You went to school with the old lady who greeted you at the front door.

In your 90's & beyond:
    What's a home deep hoe? Something for my garden? Where am I? Who am I? Why am I reading this? Did I send it? Did you? Who farted?
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Hmm.... I am still in my 30s but I just put on a hat and clean shoes, wash my hands and go. If my clothes are really muddy I will change them but that is just to keep the car clean.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Eric
      • Jun 2003
      • Cocolalla, ID
      • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

I'm in my 30s and I just go with what I have on. Just want to get going on the project and don't have time to screw around with getting ready to go.

That's my attitude with almost anywhere I'm going.

Comment

• Al R.
        Established Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Florida.
        • Delta 36-600

I’m in my 40s and what I do is that I keep doing something else and postpone the going to HD next day in the very morning.

P/D…In the cash register some time you can see also women in their 30s .
        Last edited by Al R.; 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM.
        "The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases"....it happens the same with a big shop.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • On the TARDIS
          • BT 3100

My wife already threw out the shorts with the hole.
          From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• L. D. Jeffries
            • Dec 2005
            • Russell, NY, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

I'm in my 70's so I just tell LOML that I'll be right back, I'm going to HD for a whatsit. She says your not going in those cloths are you! (You know in that tone of voice) So I take off my comfortable grubby hat and put on a clean one. I can hear her going "Tshk-tshk, what a slob" as you go out the door. But I just keep on going; they just don't understand!
            RuffSawn
            Nothin' smells better than fresh sawdust!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

How old am I if I kick the shoes off outside, grab a beer, sit down in front of the TV and say "F*#k a buncha Home Depot!"??

Comment

• HarmsWay
                • Nov 2003
                • Victoria, BC
                • BT3000

That's the funniest thing I've read in awhile Bob! Be even funnier if it wasn't so true.

differnt Bob

Comment

• pelligrini
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2007
                  • Fort Worth, TX
                  • Craftsman 21829

Hehe, pretty good.

I'm in my early 40s and if it's summer I'd have to put on some old shoes & shirt, maybe change the shorts if the pair I have on leaves too much open for public display.

When I'm about halfway back home I'll remember the main thing I was supposed to get and maybe go back and get it or just go home and start in on something else with all of the other stuff I just bought.
                  Erik

Comment

• vaking
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2005
                    • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Before I start a project I will make a list of what I need for it, so I don't have to run to HD in the middle. Oops, seems I forgot a whatchamacallit and need it to finish the project. No problem, I just write it down and give it to my wife. She likes shopping and will seize an opportunity to go to the store, even if it is just a HD. Meanwhile I need to figure out what I can do while the whatchamacallit gets here.
                    Can you figure out my age?
                    Alex V

Comment

• BobSch
                      • Aug 2004
                      • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                      • BT3100

The standard line around our house is "How many trip wil this project take." The number is always >0.
                      Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• chopnhack
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2006
                        • Florida
                        • Ryobi BT3100

Lol, all through my 20's and into my 30's none of that applied... the job took precedence and I usually can be in and out of borg in 15 minutes.
                        I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• cabinetman
                          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                          • Jun 2006
                          • So. Florida
                          • Delta

How 'bout...no matter what it is, just get it delivered.

Comment

Working...