• Show
Clear All
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

How to be the most awesome dad on the planet, Part 2

...order a truckload of firewood, spend the morning stacking it with your 5 year old, then throw a log on the lathe and turn him a 13" oak baseball bat. Hand it over with a smile, and he'll say with an even bigger smile, "Wow! You're the most awesome dad on the planet!" ...and he'll even clean up the shavings!

Kids are just fantastic. I should have started sooner -- I could have a whole bunch by now

BTW, Part 1 was back on this thread
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates
  • master53yoda
    Established Member
    • Oct 2008
    • Spokane Washington
    • bt 3000 2 of them and a shopsmith ( but not for the tablesaw part)

being the most wonderful dad is whats most important, although they do go through a period from about 12 to 20 that if you are a "good" Dad and give them what they need instead of what they want, they may not think you are so wonderful. But when they are 35 like my oldest is they still will come and ask you what you think about whats important to them, and then tell you how much they appreciate your being a "good" Dad when that was what was important.
    Art

If you don't want to know, Don't ask

If I could come back as anyone one in history, It would be the man I could have been and wasn't....

Comment

Working...