Did I Do Ok?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    Did I Do Ok?

    Craigslist deal - went to pick up some lumber. I got there today. The guy showed me the building and said "Take what you want, just leave the jet ski and the mower". I said that I only had the 250.00 I brought. He said that didn't matter and he left. I left with 40 2x10s 14-16' long, 2 LVLs 1 16" wide by 16' long, other 14" wide by 12', 4 sheets of 3/4 OSB, 400sqft of vinyl siding, a box of j-channel and a box of starter strips, 4 8' treated 4x4s and various and assorted 3/4" pine. The door I wanted had a hole in one side. There was some tin but it didn't match my dad's barn roof else I would have taken it. I would have loaded up more lumber but I was on a schedule.
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • 4503
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

    #2
    Well you know you did okay.

    So how does the stuff look? Some of the nicest/straightest dimensional lumber I've ever seen is stashed away in the garages/barns of guys that found some nice stock and purchased it "in case I need it some day."

    Comment

    • sparkeyjames
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 1087
      • Redford MI.
      • Craftsman 21829

      #3
      The suckage! You own it. Plus you lifted and loaded it all with a fresh hernia. I'm impressed.
      Last edited by sparkeyjames; 11-08-2009, 04:57 PM.

      Comment

      • crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • 10627
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

        #4
        Well I had help, but actually the hernia hasn't bothered me much. I didn't know I had it till the doc diagnosed it. Since then the only thing that has really bothered it is working on a ladder with my arms over my head. When I get off the ladder and get out of that position, then it is fine.
        David

        The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

        Comment

        • cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • 15216
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

          #5
          Originally posted by sparkeyjames
          The suckage! You own it. Plus you lifted and loaded it all with a fresh hernia. I'm impressed.

          That's what I was thinking. I work every day with a herniated abdominal muscle, and because the pain is minimal I continue. It's the calm before the storm. If I don't get it fixed soon, I'm sure I'll be visiting the ER. It's my own fault if I have knowledge and ignore it.
          .

          Comment

          Working...