• Show
Clear All
  • Knottscott
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Rochester, NY.
    • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Gas Fireplace "Crackle" Sound

Some of you may have read that I'm installing a gas fireplace in our living room. The FP is up and running, but the absence of sound is deafening as we stare at the silent flame. I'm not willing to spend $200 on a noise system for it, but I've seen a few in the $50 range...one being the "Krackler", which from the on-line sound byte sounds like kids playing with bubble pack. The other is the Peterson Fyre Box, which sounded a little better in the sound byte.

Anyone have opinions on these two or any other suggestions for reasonably priced realistic fire sound?

TIA!
    Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

You could always get a sound affect of a burning fire and play it through the stereo when the gas stove is on. A quick Google turned up many for free. I have not tried these but back in my theatre sound days taped sounds of fire were very convincing and I expect that today they are even better.

I had a friend who kept his TV in the fireplace, the house had a chimney problem, and would play a tape of a roaring fire on the TV. I thought it was hilarious, others thought he was strange.

Bill,

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Thanks Bill - We may just give that a try!
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...