i got something done this suday morning, how about you?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

i got something done this suday morning, how about you?

well i can say this much, after haveing a great time on saturday with the LOML, i actually got something done on sunday morning. the garage that i didnt get cleaned up for the last couple of years, actually got 90% cleaned!! all of a sudden i have all this extra room that i didnt think i have!!

so what did you accomplish this weekend?

here are the pics of before and after:
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Moved everything from the old shop to the new one. Picked up the stuff for the dropped ceiling in one of the rooms downstairs. Painted the room downstairs and got the dropped ceiling mostly done. Track is in and all the whole tiles are in. The rest that need cutting to fit will get done next weekend.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Drank beer and scratched myself...

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Watched the F1 race. BTW...what happened to the orange chair?

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Got all but one of the T posts driven in to tie back my trees. Need to get them tied back straight, mulch down, and cages around them to keep the deer away from the trunks. Going to be in the shop some today.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• pierhogunn2
            Established Member
            • Sep 2009

wow, I didn't have the presence of mind to take pictures but I

1. Got my bt3100 put back together ( still have to figure out why the rails aren't going on square, or the fences sliding smoothly, but hey it's back together after a year apart, and it actually spins the blade)

2. help Mike with Superior Lawn ( great guy by the way, if you live in the concord/harrisburg NC area PM me if you need your lawn aerated) aerate my yard, I got 40lbs of seed out Saturday, and then the rain came, mike got 3+" plugs out of my entire yard and spent some quality time on some bald patches in the back yard.

3. help SWMBO buy my 2 year old ( good lord, The boy is two, and the girl is turning 5, if you don't believe in time travel, have kids) some fall clothes, and I got some great door-knob covers that not even the 5 year old can figure out (HA, take that)

4. I put out the sprinklers in my back yard and realized that the great deal that I got on a lawn sprinkler wasn't that great a deal. it doesn't work! so I cobbled together a couple of impact sprinklers and watered the plugs and grass seed in on the front and back

5. I Started my shop renovation... Step 1 was to clean it out and get stuff put away. Starting tonight, I am going drawer by drawer, and cabinet by cabinet cleaning, orgainizing, and throwing away...

and now my back is killing me. I need a day of rest!

Comment

• Shep
              • Nov 2008
              • Columbus, OH
              • Hitachi C10FL

1. Did a bunch of handy man stuff for my sister. She just moved into a new appartment and needed things done.

2. Worked on my current project that's nearing completion; my hide-away competer desk. Looks like a nice cabinet, opens to be a fully-functional computer desk. I'll upload pictures when it's complete. It's so custom that it's taking some time to complete.
              -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

• TB Roye
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

Cleaned up the garage and found my BT3. Found another reason to hate Farve, watched the F1 race (recorded) watched the Cup race, kind a boring, took dogs to dog park. feel asleep during Sunday Night Football. Today clean the Shop and get part of the back yard ready for new grass (three dogs are rough on the truff) Start getting the place ready for fall and hopefully some rain. Start setting up the website for our church.

Tom

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
                  Watched the F1 race. BTW...what happened to the orange chair?
                  LOL, i dont know what happened to orange (red) chair. it probably ended up in our other garage (our two car garage is separate). now i have to clean up in there so that we can get our cars in that garage. well lets see what happens...

from the looks of it, some of you had a pretty busy weekend

Comment

• Norm in Fujino
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Fujino-machi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan.
                    • Ryobi BT-3000

Made two seat cushions

My urethane foam came in this Sunday just before noon, and I immediately got to work upholstering the cushions for the loveseat. I actually got done with them both before my wife pulled me into the kitchen for a crab dinner. I'll save the pictures of the cushions until she gets done sewing the cover for the bolster.
                    ==========
                    ". . . and only the stump, or fishy part of him remained."
                    Green Gables: A Contemplative Companion to Fujino Township

Comment

• Photojosh
                      Established Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • Washington (the state)

Took the wife and kid to the zoo. Listened to the morning games and seahawks pregame on the way down. Stopped by a fancy toy shop and measured the $180 "kitchen helper" platform thing I'm going to copy. Listened to the Hawks game on the way back. Stopped by Harbor Freight to exchange the cheap-o laminate trimmer that I bought on Sat and that didn't have all it's parts (I know, I know, always check before you leave the parking lot at HF). Mowed the lawn then spent the evening listening to sunday night football and re-organizing the shop for some new tools that are coming to live with me.

Had to tape the cup race, but from what I've heard, I'm going to be using the FF button a lot.
                      Last edited by Photojosh; 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

• Eric
                        • Jun 2003
                        • Cocolalla, ID
                        • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Saturday I finished getting all the plywood down on the shop floor.

Sunday I finally brought my bt3100 from storage at my grandfathers and is now up on the second floor of the shop. Brought my jointer, bandsaw and rigid sander from my inlaws. Starting to get all my tools in one place again.

Comment

• ragswl4
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Winchester, Ca
                          • C-Man 22114

I used this new tool to sand the drywall seams in 4 rooms in less than 2 hours. Also used it to sand two 5"x12"x 12' glulam beams in an hour. It is proving to be a life saver for this old guy. Runs at 180RPM and has a vacuum attachment. Helps greatly with the dust generated when sanding drywall.
                          Attached Files
                          RAGS
                          Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                          sigpic

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2006
                            • BT3100

sweet tool there! for a second, without reading your post, i though it was a metal detector

Comment

• scmhogg
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2003
                              • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
                              • BT3000

Originally posted by TB Roye
                              watched the Cup race, kind a boring, Tom
                              Tell that to Joey Logano.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...q=1&oq=logano#

Steve
                              I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...