Italian Business School

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BobSch
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • 4385
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    Italian Business School

    Luigi (father): "I want you to marry a girl of my choice."

    Son: "I will choose my OWN bride!!!"

    Luigi: "But the girl is Bill Gates' daughter..."

    Son: "Well, in that case....o.k."

    Next Luigi approaches Bill Gates.

    Luigi: "I have a husband for your daughter..."

    Bill Gates: "But my daughter is too young to marry!!"

    Luigi: "But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank"

    Bill Gates: "Ah, in that case....o.k."

    Finally Luigi goes to see the president of the World Bank

    Luigi: "I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president."

    President: "But I already have more vice-presidents than I need!"

    Luigi: "But this man is Bill Gates' son-in-law."

    President: "Ah, in that case....o.k."

    And, that my friends,is how Italians do business.
    Bob

    Bad decisions make good stories.
  • Jcrawf
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2009
    • 38

    #2
    One good joke deserves another

    When Lord Smythe (never too bright and now well into his dotage) traveled to London for a monthly visit to his club, he always stayed at the Newgate Hotel. The hotel staff knew him well.
    One day as he was checking in, the desk clerk said "Lord Smythe, I understand you like a good riddle."
    "Riddle?" said the old gent. "Yes, yes. Quite so. Love a good riddle."
    "Then riddle me this," said the desk clerk. "My father and my mother had a baby. It was neither my brother nor my sister. Who was it?"
    For a moment Smythe's face was that of a man desperately trying to work out a thorny problem. "Father," he mumbled. "Baby..., sister...." "I don't know," he finally conceded. "Who was it?"
    "It was ME!" said the desk clerk.
    "The lord pondered the answer for a short time, then his face lit up. "Of course!" he exclaimed. "Had to be you, didn't it? Couldn't have been anybody else! I'll have to remember that one."
    And he did. That night at his club he spotted Fanshaw, the Earl of Something-or-other.
    "Fanshaw," he called, "come here! I have a ripping good riddle for you!"
    "Riddle?," said Fanshaw. "Lay it on me, Old Boy."
    "Riddle me this," the lord said. "My father and my mother had a baby. It was neither my brother nor my sister. Who was it?"
    Fanshaw pondered long and hard before admitting he didn't know.
    "Who was it?" he asked, finally.
    "Knew you wouldn't guess it," shouted Lord Smythe triumphantly. "It was the desk clerk at the Newgate Hotel!"
    Last edited by Jcrawf; 09-09-2009, 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      Good one Bob. Gotta have LOML read that one as she's Italian, and visited Italy in June and is learning the language. Their business skills will impress her.
      .

      Comment

      Working...