• Show
Clear All
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

There Goes The Back Again

And I thought all was going well. The other day I got up from a lawn chair and I felt a little tingle in my lower back. At the time I hoped it wasn't too much. The next day when I woke things were worse. Now I've been back to the doctors who confirmed it was a re-injury from what I did back in February. A return to modified work for the next two weeks and some real butt kicking meds. What ticked me off was I have been on holiday. I hoped to get all kinds of stuff done in the shop.
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/
  • thestinker
    • Oct 2005
    • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

Bummer man. I am a fellow back pain sufferer, and goobered mine up at work about 2 weeks ago. I tossed my lower back out setting something heavy down wrong, and am just now getting better. I go to the chiropractor once a month provided everything is going well, but more often if I am down with problems. My advice.....lots of ice, no heat. I use 2 aleve in the AM, 2 in the late afternoon and 1 right before I go to bed. I'm not sure what the bottle says for a dose, but thats what the Dr put me on, and I only take it when I'm under his care for pack pain. Also, light stretching now, and routine stretching once you are back to normal. I stretch twice a day. Once in the morning, and once right before I go to bed. Good luck and get better soon.
    Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Backs can be a real biatch... Get better soon.

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Take it easy and be conscious about your movements. I've had back problems since the mid 70's and I can be fine for a while, and then just leaning over to pick up a cup of coffee can produce a knife like sharp stabbing pain in the back.

I've had to get used to not twisting when bending and lifting. Squatting instead of bending is helpful. It's that twisting that gets you.

Comment

• WayneJ
          • Jan 2004
          • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

I had lower back pain for years. Thought I had to live with it for life . I had my left hip replaced about 12 yrs ago , haven't had any back pain since. I'm counting my blessings, knock on wood. I lived on Aleve for years. Now wish I could get my blood pressure fixed i'd be a happy camper.
          Wayne
          Wayne J

Comment

• steve-norrell
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • The Great Land - Alaska
            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by cabinetman
            Take it easy and be conscious about your movements. I've had back problems since the mid 70's and I can be fine for a while, and then just leaning over to pick up a cup of coffee can produce a knife like sharp stabbing pain in the back.

I've had to get used to not twisting when bending and lifting. Squatting instead of bending is helpful. It's that twisting that gets you.
            Hey, C'man. Thanks for reminding me that I am in good company.

Regards, Steve

Comment

• Ed62
              The Full Monte
              • Oct 2006
              • NW Indiana
              • BT3K

That's a real bummer. Luckily, that's something I've never had a problem with. Hope things work out well for you soon.

Ed
              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by Ed62
                That's a real bummer. Luckily, that's something I've never had a problem with. Hope things work out well for you soon.

Ed

As long as you've been lucky so far, it might be beneficial for you to become familiar with preventive measures. It's much easier to prevent than to deal with.

Comment

• dkerfoot
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2004
                  • Holland, Michigan
                  • Craftsman 21829

Just offering sympathy and empathy. The last 2 years have been better than the preceding two, but I HATE having to live knowing that with one wrong move I could be laid up for months.
                  Doug Kerfoot
                  "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
                  "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                  KeyLlama.com

Comment

• ironhat
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

After dealing with two bum discs for 25 years and a compression three years ago, the surgical team kept me too long on the table putting in my biventricualar pacer with defib. Now, after seven months of intractable pain I'm about to have a spinal cord stimulator inserted on the 11th of Sept. My heart goes out for ya. I'll keep you in my prayers for a quick and non-surgical resolution, buddy.

Prayers up for sure!
                    Blessings,
                    Chiz

Comment

Working...