I Hate Pulling #10 Wire

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • 10627
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #1

    I Hate Pulling #10 Wire

    It is a PITA to pull, especially when it is 10-3. The stuff does not bend. It's even worse when your 3/4" auger bit is mysteriously bent so you have to use a 1/2 bit to drill holes in the studs. Do they make #10 stranded? I am adding a circuit to the new shop that could be used for a/c, heat, whatever.
    David

    The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • 7091
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

    #2
    Originally posted by crokett
    Do they make #10 stranded?
    Absolutely...

    Comment

    • Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • 2091
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

      #3
      If you use stranded wire, THHN or THWN, you need to use conduit...

      Comment

      • crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • 10627
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

        #4
        Originally posted by Hellrazor
        If you use stranded wire, THHN or THWN, you need to use conduit...
        So I will rephrase the question, do they sell stranded sheathed that doesn't need conduit? Actually conduit and separate strands probably would have been easier.
        David

        The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

        Comment

        • Hellrazor
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 2091
          • Abyss, PA
          • Ridgid R4512

          #5
          Originally posted by crokett
          So I will rephrase the question, do they sell stranded sheathed that doesn't need conduit? Actually conduit and separate strands probably would have been easier.
          Only thing I am aware of is BX.

          Comment

          • pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • 4217
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

            #6
            Just be glad it isn't 6/3 UG. I had a bear of a time pulling 150' of that for my shop subpanel.

            How come you're using #10? If I remember correctly, most of your loads and runs don't need anything that big. Maybe it's because you already have a bunch?
            Erik

            Comment

            • crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • 10627
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

              #7
              Nope. Trying to be prepared. Want to be able to pull more than 20A for HVAC or just whatever. I knew it was going to be tough. What I didn't know was my 3/4" auger bit was bent. I have absolutely no idea how it got bent.
              David

              The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

              Comment

              Working...