• Show
Clear All
  • Bill Stock
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Canada, Eh!
    • BT3100

Another eBay thread

I purchased an item on May 30th from a buyer with 98.9% approval and 1000s of sales. About a week later I had not received a shipping confirmation, so I sent an email and went to investigate his rating. When I started checking his last feedback there were several negatives for non shipment. I sent one of the most upset raters an email to see if he ever got his package. He said it took seventeen days, but since I live in Canada and get most imports by mail seventeen days is quick.

About 10 days later I get a notice from eBay saying the seller was fraudulent and that I should RUN not walk to cancel my payment. The tone of the email seemed a little odd, but there was no phishing attempt. So I contacted PayPal and told them my story, expecting instant reimbursement. But they pulled a tracking # out of their @ss, which was of course invalid. 'Shipping information has been received, but we don't have the package yet'. The shipping date was about six days prior, but the tracking # was still not valid. I was going to rattle their cage, but I could not find a contact attached to the case. I waited another day and the tracking # was still not valid, so I phoned by CC and pulled the trigger on a reversal. The next day the tracking # shows up as valid on USPS, but still not on the PayPal site.

I was expecting a hot and bothered email from PayPal or an update in my case, but neither occurred and I did not hear from the vendor of course. I'll let PayPal wait in my dispute resolution queue until the package arives. Then maybe I'll have my CC reinstate the charges. PP has screwed me twice before by not honouring their guarantee on small items.
  • Hoover
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • USA.

That has happened to me several times. Contacting Paypal and EBay was fruitless. Hey we got paid!!. I hope you get it resolved in your favor.
    No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• Hellrazor
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2003
      • Abyss, PA
      • Ridgid R4512

That is a great example of why I would never allow paypal to draft directly from my bank account to pay for anything. Atleast your CC company can give them a headache..

Comment

• phrog
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2005
        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Why I will not open a PayPal account and, therefore, thanks to eBay's new PayPal only rules, can no longer sell on eBay. Perhaps the CEO of eBay should think about resigning or perhaps the shareholders should think about firing him. For other nightmare cases go to http://www.paypalsucks.com
        Richard

Comment

• Crash2510
          • Feb 2006
          • North Central Ohio

this may not be the sellers fault. We had our account hacked one time and a whole lot of fraudulent posts put up. Luckily for us ebay caught it and locked the account until we had called them to work out the problems. Sadly the real seller may not have been aware of it until it was to late.
          Phil In Ohio
          The basement woodworker

Comment

Working...