• Show
Clear All
  • footprintsinconc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
    • BT3100

2nd motorcycle day trip...

its been a while since i was last on here. i promised i'd post pics of our memorial weekend camping pics, but i still have to organize them.

in the mean time, yesterday i took my 2nd motorcycle day trip since i bought the bike. this one was actually through some high elevations and tons of twisties. the frist trip didnt have as near the amount and tight twisties.

for those who are familiar with AZ, we went to Jerome, AZ through Wickenburg & Yarnell from phx. we rode back the same way. it was about a 400mile round trip. the weather was cool when we left phx in the morning at about 5am. met up with three friends from work about an hour away on the out skirts of phx. the ride was extremely beautiful. the weather was great and on the way back, just past yarnell, we got the heat wave in phx. i had a lot of fun!

i ran out of fuel right in the beginning of the trip, at just about 5 miles from a gas station in wickenburg. i was off by about 20 miles on my trip meter. the night before i took the tank off to wire in a 12v outlets, so the meter zeroed out. i only realized this when i ran out of fuel.

since i wear a full face helmet and keep the visor up so that it doesnt heat up, a bug hit my glasses and got lodged between the edge of the glasses and helmet. i had to make a paniced stop, remove the helmet at the got the bug out, but it had bit me a couple of times already.

then about halfway back, my friend bikes accelerator cable broke, so he pulled cable from the handle and pulled on it to accelrate till he got to a friends house and trailered his bike back.

now for the dumb part, i took a digital camera with me to take pictures, and guess what, you are correct, i forgot to put a memory card in it!!
    i sure did feel stupid when i took the first picture! so i got no pics to share this time. hopefully next time.
    • Nov 2006
    • Idaho

Sounds like that IRISH guy was hanging out with you and your buddys this weekend!

Bud

Comment

Working...