• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

A REAL Golf Course

I'm playing golf with some guys from work tomorrow morning. We're playing at the Tournament Club of Iowa. I was just checking out their website.

TCI is a Palmer designed course that originally was built a few years ago to host a senior tour event. They only played there a couple of years & decided the location wasn't going to work long term.

This course is going to kick my butt; I'll have fun anyway. It's probably the nicest course I'll ever play on.
  • Bob Crosley
    Established Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Valrico, Florida.

Have fun!

Back when I played, I got a chance to play Southland, where they hold the St. Jude Classic in Memphis the week before the Classic.

Played my worst round of golf ever, since the course was set up for pros. But had a blast.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Just got back from playing two courses in the mountains of NC... Four rounds in three days on wet courses and carts on paths only... I think I'm going to be the world's first simultaneous back and double-leg transplant...

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

I played golf once and that suited me for life. They could change the game somewhat to make it more challenging. For instance, on tee off, it would be required to run out and hit the ball before it hits the ground. Now that's exercise.

Comment

• BerniePA
          Established Member
          • Nov 2007
          • San Tan Valley, AZ
          • Grizzly 0575

Originally posted by Bob Crosley

Played my worst round of golf ever, since the course was set up for pros. But had a blast.
          You must be a lot better than I used to be before I quit. In the 70's when I played, (Poorly), I played the Walt Disney Magnolia Course once which was set up for pros. Didn't affect my game at all. My tee shots fell way short of the hazards set up for the pros, the 2nd shot sailed over those hazards and were very short of the next set of hazards and so it went for the whole course. I was soooo bad, the course was actually easy for me -- at my typical bad score or course, and no -- I'm not gonna tell what that was, just remember that I no longer play and there is good reason for that!!!

It should be interesting to see how he did today!!
          Bernie

Owww -- That spinnin' thang hurt!!

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

Tried to play golf once… kept losing my balls in all these holes in the ground.

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

• jking
              • May 2003
              • Des Moines, IA.
              • BT3100

Well, I was expecting to get thoroughly beaten by the course. It actually wasn't too bad; my forusome finished +6. Of course it helped that we were playing four-man best-ball. I actually played about 5 holes before losing a ball. One of the guys in my foursome lost about a dozen balls.

I really like the course. It's long, but, the fairways are actually nice & wide. If you can keep the ball in the fairway it's not too bad. If you miss the fairways it's not worth spending time looking. They carved the course out of an area with very mature trees. Even though the course is only a few years old, most of the fairways have huge trees on both sides.

I'd love to play it again, but, the regular green fees are expensive & I'm still looking for my big pile of cash.

Comment

• germdoc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Omaha, NE
                • BT3000--the gray ghost

I have only one response:

This was a classic redneck/hillbillie party record from the good 'ole days.

I heard this from my grandpa in the 60's. A real hoot!
                Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• BobSch
                  • Aug 2004
                  • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by germdoc
                  I have only one response:

This was a classic redneck/hillbillie party record from the good 'ole days.

I heard this from my grandpa in the 60's. A real hoot!
                  Brings back memories. I'd forgotten that one. Funny stuff.

Tried golf once. I'm a lefty and had to use a set of borrowed right-handed clubs. Didn't do too badly — got the high score!
                  Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

Working...