X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoFish104
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2003

Apology/Explanation

Sat. I replied to a post about a medical/legal issue. Looking back I realise I sounded like I am at least a little nuts ( OK may be true but I try to hide it better then that). It could also seen as an attack on 1 or more of our members. It was not meant as such. OK no excuse but we're just a few days past the anniversary of Angie's death. Maybe someday I'll reach the point where I don't feel the world should stop on this day but somehow I kind of doubt it. Jack
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

Jack,

I didn't see the posts you referred to, so I took the liberty to search for your posts. First of all, I'm very sorry that your family and Angie had to go through this. The death of a child is something no parent should have to endure. We lost a son 10 1/2 years ago to suicide, and I know how it affected our family.

I did not find any posts from you that I thought was an attack on another member, and unless I missed it, I don't think anyone else feels that there was an attack either.

People grieve in different ways, and there is no time limit on how long someone should grieve. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I wonder if seeing a professional to help you through this, would be beneficial. After we lost our son, my wife needed therapy, and I really think it saved her life. Reaching out for help is not a weakness. It is simply understanding that it might help. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

I never responded to your last post because I was speechless. I don't think there are any invalid emotions/perspectives for a parent that has lost a child, and feels let down by science/medicine.

You didn't do/say anything wrong, and you aren't nuts. And I hope I never have to go through what you did.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Jack,

I read the post you are referring too and I don't see it as an attack. I see someones first hand experience on the subject at hand and nothing more.

Comment

• mudder
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2003
          • I live in a house
          • Delta 36-650

Jack,

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Scott

Comment

Working...