Solve Rubik's Cube with Legos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BobSch
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • 4385
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

    #1

    Solve Rubik's Cube with Legos

    Somebody's got WAY to much time on their hands.

    http://www.walyou.com/blog/2008/03/2...-cube-for-you/
    Bob

    Bad decisions make good stories.
  • Alex Franke
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 2641
    • Chapel Hill, NC
    • Ryobi BT3100

    #2
    yeah -- i saw that the other day. Pretty cool.

    Some people like puzzles, others like puzzles about solving puzzles, I guess.
    online at http://www.theFrankes.com
    while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
    "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

    Comment

    • Shep
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 710
      • Columbus, OH
      • Hitachi C10FL

      #3
      If you want to do it the old fashioned way, try this site

      http://peter.stillhq.com/jasmine/rub...esolution.html
      -Justin


      shepardwoodworking.webs.com


      ...you can thank me later.

      Comment

      • crokett
        The Full Monte
        • Jan 2003
        • 10627
        • Mebane, NC, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

        #4
        That is pretty cool. Several years ago I gave a buddy Lego Mindstorm as a Christmas gift. He said it was one of the coolest things he's ever gotten. The last thing I know he built was a cat chaser. He took a picture of the cat and programmed it to follow the cat around the house. At one point he also built a beer cart. He'd sit in his chair and send it to the kitchen so his wife could put a beer in it and it would bring the beer back.
        David

        The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

        Comment

        • Shep
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 710
          • Columbus, OH
          • Hitachi C10FL

          #5
          How much do one of these things cost? I can do a lot of damage with something like that.
          -Justin


          shepardwoodworking.webs.com


          ...you can thank me later.

          Comment

          • crokett
            The Full Monte
            • Jan 2003
            • 10627
            • Mebane, NC, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3000

            #6
            When I bought the kit several years ago it was around 50 bucks, IIRC. Not sure how much it is right now. That was just the base kit - the control unit a motor, a couple servos and what you needed to write a program and download it to the unit. There are add-ons you can buy for it.

            250.00 bucks??

            The price has gone up. But then so has the capabilities:
            http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=8527
            David

            The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

            Comment

            • Sam Conder
              Woodworker Once More
              • Dec 2002
              • 2502
              • Midway, KY
              • Delta 36-725T2

              #7
              Looks more like $250 now...

              http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-4494799-M...3017578&sr=8-1
              Sam Conder
              BT3Central's First Member

              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

              Comment

              • Wood_workur
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2005
                • 1914
                • Ohio
                • Ryobi bt3100-1

                #8
                I'd hate to be the guy programming that.
                Alex

                Comment

                Working...