• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Another Craigslist Deal

40 bones for a lightly used Porter-Cable sawzall + some brand new blades still in the package.

Between craigslist and pawn shops I don't see a reason to ever buy a new power tool again.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

What was it lightly used for? Maybe to see if it could stand up to a fall from the top of the Empire State Building?

Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Cutting plastic and metal conduit when he remodeled his garage. It is in nice condition. He was selling it because he is moving, doesn't use it much and wanted less stuff to move. There is a flea market near me where 40 bucks will get you one that is on its last legs.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• germdoc
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2003
        • Omaha, NE
        • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by crokett
        40 bones for a lightly used Porter-Cable sawzall + some brand new blades still in the package.

Between craigslist and pawn shops I don't see a reason to ever buy a new power tool again.
        Don't forget Ebay...
        Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

Working...