• Show
Clear All
  • BrazosJake
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Benbrook, TX.
    • Emerson-built Craftsman

Bummer

Just got word from a neighbor last night that a wildfire consumed pretty much everything on the family ranch, about 60-miles west of Fort Worth. No one lives on it but the mobile home, barn, sheds, everything were destroyed. Mom, daughter, everyone are pretty upset as that land has been in my family for 40 years and there were lots of memories associated with that mobile home. Until my dad fell into poor health a few years ago, he and my mother spent probably half their time out there.

Thankfully, the tractor was on loan to a neighbor.

LOML is having oral surgery this morning and if she's OK, guess I'll drive out and survey the damage this afternoon.

Bummer.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Bummer is right... Sometimes, though, a brush fire lets the land grow back even greener. But it sure doesn't help the structures.

Comment

• pierhogunn
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2003
      • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

That stinks man, that really stinks,
      It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

You still have your memories, and no one was injured. Make some new ones rebuilding!
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Fortunately no one was there or got injured (at least as far as you know). Sometimes the homeless camp out in vacant places.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2006
            • On the TARDIS
            • BT 3100

At the end of the day, you and your family are safe. Keep the faith brother.
            From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...