• Show
Clear All
  • Greg in Maryland
    Established Member
    • Nov 2006
    • Montgomery Village, Maryland
    • BT3100

Yuck

I had to pick my wife up in Washington DC tonight -- there was a major train derailment and she was going to be stranded for quite a while. So, I pack my 21 month old son into the minivan and head to DC. She is the cutie on the left and he is the cutie on the right.

Five minutes from meeting my wife, my son projectile vomits his vittles all over himself, his booster seat, the car seat and the door. @#$@#$!

Very fortunately, we had a change of clothes and nearly a lifetime supply of wipes in the van so were were able to clean him up and the booster/car seat as well. So much for going out to dinner tonight.

I think that either the jostling of city driving upset his tummy or he stuck his fingers down his throat to see what would happen.

Guess what I get to do tomorrow? Clean the inside of the car.

Oh well, such is life.

Greg

Ps this is only the 2nd time this has ever happened, so I should just shut up and take it like a man, but I can't help myself.
    Attached Files
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

There was the time I picked up my mum and dad from the airport after flying in from England and my daughter( who was around two at the time and sitting in the car seat between them) promptly welcomed them in her own way. I know your pain.
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

Cleaning the car is a small price to pay for a lovely family.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

Had to teach my kid early on what happens when you swallow your chew... or else he'd a had to keep ridin' in the back of the truck...

Comment

• RAFlorida
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
          • Ryobi BT3000

You have a lovely family there Greg.

And he looks like a lively tyke too! Know your pain for the clean up; had 3 daughters many years back, and each one of them had the motion sickness at one time or other. The ex got sick herself one time while cleaning up and guess who did it from then on...

Comment

• gjat
            • Nov 2005
            • Valrico (Tampa), Florida.
            • BT3100

What a happy looking family. You are blessed.

Sorry, but ya just gotta man-up now. You'll be cleaning puke for years to come.... It's inevitable, like taxes.
            We learned at an early age to keep plastic shopping bags in the vehicles for the little'uns. (as well as plenty of wipes). I don't remember having the extra clothes, so you got one up on me.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
              Veteran Member
              • May 2007
              • Tacoma, WA
              • BT3000

Little Green Machine Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner.

When the kids were little it was a life saver, or at least a sanity saver.

Whatever you do, don't use the shop wet/dry vac to suck thing up, the shop will stink of it each time you use the vac.

Bill,

Comment

• gsmittle
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                • BT 3100

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
                Whatever you do, don't use the shop wet/dry vac to suck thing up, the shop will stink of it each time you use the vac.

Bill,
                +1 on that! DAMHIKT!

g.
                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...