• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

A G&T Tastes Especially Good

After a day mostly spent on the phone with a customer who doesn't want to listen to you when you tell them how to fix what is wrong.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Originally posted by crokett
    After a day mostly spent on the phone with a customer who doesn't want to listen to you when you tell them how to fix what is wrong.
    Doesn't that pretty much describe most customers?

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
      Doesn't that pretty much describe most customers?
      Surprisingly, no. Most of them listen to me. I told them this is not a guaranteed fix but it is a darn sight better than doing nothing and it will prove or disprove one of our theories. The real issue is they want a magic bullet and for this problem there is not one.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• pierhogunn
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

Let me guess, these customers want you to recreate their environment on your own, then re-create the error in your copy of their environment, and then engineer the solution for them, and deliver it to them, or even better come and do it for them...

We had that mentality towards HP several years back, and one of our senior SA's said, look we are a production shop, we don't have time to be your R&D lab...

I don't know what the problem was, but it sure was entertaining to see the blood-vessels bulge in that meeting
        It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• jhart
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2004
          • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
          • BT3100

We were in the 60's over the weekend and yesterday and most of the snow is melted. Had a couple to celebrate. Will probably do so again today.

One week ago, the wind chill was about 25 below. What a State!!!
          Joe
          "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• BobSch
            • Aug 2004
            • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
            • BT3100

Originally posted by jhart
            We were in the 60's over the weekend and yesterday and most of the snow is melted. Had a couple to celebrate. Will probably do so again today.

One week ago, the wind chill was about 25 below. What a State!!!
            Yeah, that 67 yesterday felt pretty good.

To give everyone an idea of that Minnesota weather can be like, last Friday the folks in Embarrass, MN woke up to -35 (that's temp, not windchill) Saturday afternoon it was 57.
            Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• burrellski
              Established Member
              • Dec 2005
              • Saint Joseph, MO.

78 here in Missouri today. Its definitely G&T weather!

Comment

Working...