• Show
Clear All
  • Russianwolf
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
    • One of them there Toy saws

a funny vid to get the weekend started

and I thought my pups had vivid dreams......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA

(also click to the one where he's barking on the right)
    Mike
    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I laughed. I have a chocolate lab that does that about once a week. He doesn't run into walls though. Usually he moves enough that his sister tries to play with him and wakes him up.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• BerniePA
      Established Member
      • Nov 2007
      • San Tan Valley, AZ
      • Grizzly 0575

That's funny. Poor dog would probably give anything for a good night's sleep!
      Bernie

Owww -- That spinnin' thang hurt!!

Comment

• Copper
        Established Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Madison, WI.
        • BT3100

Our Golden barks in his sleep (more of a muffled "humph"). Since he sleeps next to our bed, I'm glad he doesn't get up and run into the wall. That would certainly keep me up all night, too.
        - Dennis

"If your mind goes blank, don't forget to turn off the sound." --Red Green
        and yes, it's a potato.

Comment

• jonmulzer
          • Dec 2007
          • Indianapolis, IN

My dogs bark, yelp, howl and growl in their sleep. Even mild kicking, wags their tails, bristle up their hair. I am just glad they don't do that. That is a little creepy! And since out dogs sleep on our bed, that kicking would get old REAL quick!!

Lexi out female dog is cute though. She always has to sleep next to Cooper but she sleeps so soundly that she does not wake up when he moves. They will fall asleep together and he will get up and move for whatever reason. Within an hour she will reach out with her paws while sleeping and when she does not feel him she wakes up, looks around to see where he is at and then literally falls down next to or on top of him and she is snoring before her body comes to rest.

I remember when I was a small child we had a black Lab that followed me everywhere. Very protective. I would venture off into the woods and he would be there with me. Well, one evening he fell asleep on my bed and was having a bad dream. Lots of growling and snarling. So, being the little boy that I was, I decided to help him out by waking him up. He lunged up at me as he woke, growling and snarling like he was fighting another dog. When he finally realized it was me and not whatever he was dreaming of he sulked down like he was about to be beaten. Like he was ashamed of himself or something. At the time I thought it was odd. Many years later I realized what a good dog he was and that he might have felt bad because he was my protector and almost hurt me.

You have to love dogs!
          "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

Pretty funny. I think they all jerk when they're sleeping, but that's a little over the top.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

Working...