• Show
Clear All
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Another Prayer Request

I'm not sick, or either is LOML, but I ask for prayers that we don't succumb to illness. If our health status changes, I'll update this post. Thanks.
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

So a prayer for the elderly?

You got it.

Comment

• RAFlorida
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2008
      • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
      • Ryobi BT3000

Prayers coming your way.

We always have to watch for the elderly.

Comment

• gary
        • May 2004
        • Versailles, KY, USA.

*click* as Gary looks for the ignore user button. What a piece of work you are, making fun of someone asking for prayer for their sick wife.
        Gary

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by gary
          *click* as Gary looks for the ignore user button. What a piece of work you are, making fun of someone asking for prayer for their sick wife.

This post has nothing to do with any other post.

Comment

• Mr__Bill
            Veteran Member
            • May 2007
            • Tacoma, WA
            • BT3000

and here is where opinions differ. I did not take it like that, rather, if you do pray, to pray for what your thankful for and wish to keep and not just asking for something. If you do pray to a God asking for nothing more than what you have now is a good prayer.

Yesterday I had lunch with a Chaplin for a hospice. He commented that working with the dying made him each day thankful for the health he has and the ability to do today what someday he will not be able to do. We are not as old today, sick today or as poor today as someday we are going to be. Take advantage of today.

Each day I make a conscious effort against negativity. It is a trap that is easy to fall into, and I have far to often done that. So, yes cabinetman, I will ask mother earth to not send an alligator to eat you, that the skies will not drop a tree on your house and that the bad humours that can befall you stay at bay yet another day. I extend this to all I know and those I do not know who may need the support.

Before anyone thinks I am stepping into religion let me say, I do not believe in religion, I do however believe in being a good person.

Bill, over here on the big ocean where the rain gods are giving use yet another of their bountiful gifts.

lets not start a flame war here if you strongly disagree with me or have things to say that should not be said here write to me at: yousmuck@gmail.com

Comment

• cgallery
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Milwaukee, WI
              • BT3K

Originally posted by Mr__Bill
              I did not take it like that...
              I agree. I was just joking when I called Cabinetman elderly. But many segments of the population worry about an illness hitting themselves or a close family member more than anything else.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
                Veteran Member
                • Oct 2006
                • On the TARDIS
                • BT 3100

In my church, every week we pray for the continued health of one of our members. It doesn't hurt to remember friends this way.
                From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• footprintsinconc
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2006
                  • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
                  • BT3100

i hope all is better than what you maybe expecting. they are on their way.

Comment

• ironhat
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2004
                    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
                    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Prayers up and on their way for you and yours, my friend!
                    Blessings,
                    Chiz

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2005
                      • Independence, MO, USA.
                      • bt3100

Originally posted by cabinetman
                      I'm not sick, or either is LOML, but I ask for prayers that we don't succumb to illness. If our health status changes, I'll update this post. Thanks.
                      A pastor friend asked me why I didn't put my father on his prayer list. I told him the only way to get off a prayer list, is to die, and we were trying to avoid that.

I moved back home last week, but with our snow that hit, I've spent the last three days back over here. He is better (75% of normal), but still fighting the hospital acquired infection .

With today's economy, people should be grateful they have their health.
                      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2003
                        • Nanuet, NY, USA.
                        • BT3100

Hey Cab,

You need all the help you can get.

Bruce
                        "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
                        Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• Ed62
                          The Full Monte
                          • Oct 2006
                          • NW Indiana
                          • BT3K

Having been on the board with C-Man for about a year and a half, I don't think that's the case. But I can understand how someone could take it that way, especially if it comes from someone they don't know that well. That's exactly why we have to be a little careful with the words we use in our posts. Hopefully David won't see it that way either.

I don't ask for prayers for continued good health. Instead, I give thanks for the good fortune I've had. If something happened to my health now, I wouldn't like it. But I still would have lived a very fortunate life. You can't ask for much more than that.

Ed
                          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cgallery
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2004
                            • Milwaukee, WI
                            • BT3K

Originally posted by Ed62
                            Having been on the board with C-Man for about a year and a half, I don't think that's the case. But I can understand how someone could take it that way, especially if it comes from someone they don't know that well. That's exactly why we have to be a little careful with the words we use in our posts. Hopefully David won't see it that way either.

I don't ask for prayers for continued good health. Instead, I give thanks for the good fortune I've had. If something happened to my health now, I wouldn't like it. But I still would have lived a very fortunate life. You can't ask for much more than that.

Ed
                            Good point, Ed.

I don't think it would hurt to pray for the continued good health (or at least whatever we're each hanging onto) for all the members here, though.

And the next time I have a chance, I'll drink to it, too.

Comment

• smc331
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2003
                              • Charlotte, NC, USA.
                              • BT3100

Originally posted by cgallery
                              Good point, Ed.

I don't think it would hurt to pray for the continued good health (or at least whatever we're each hanging onto) for all the members here, though.

And the next time I have a chance, I'll drink to it, too.
                              Truer words never expressed - +1 for me on that thought.
                              Scott

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -- Frank Zappa

http://macbournes.com

Comment

Working...