• Show
Clear All
  • billwmeyer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Weir, Ks, USA.
    • BT3000

Valentines Day

So, what did everyone do for LOYL? I took mine to the Woodworking Show in Kansas City.

Bill
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers
  • smorris
    • Apr 2003
    • Tampa, Florida, USA.

Before I left for Asia I made sure to order flowers and give my son a card from me to put on moms pillow. She got home from having her claws and fur done to find a couple dozen roses, a teddy bear and a card. She called me crying because I had been so busy and had left last week but still had everything arranged. Guess I won one and can go home.
    --
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

I had flowers delivered Friday while I was out of town and last night had somebody come into the house and cook us dinner. This saved us the logistics and money of babysitting. We ate dinner after the kiddies were in bed. I think I will do this again at some point.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Candy, card, and drove her home from the hospital!
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• jackellis
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

We drove up to the mountains in a lull between storms. At some point we'll go to a favorite restaurant up here for dinner.

Right now we're watching the snow.

Comment

• Ed62
            The Full Monte
            • Oct 2006
            • NW Indiana
            • BT3K

I stopped at the florist, and bought a nice vase filled with roses and baby's breath. I wondered if I got the right thing, but when she saw it, I could easily tell I did.

Ed
            Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • On the TARDIS
              • BT 3100

LOML had to work but I had a nice roast dinner cooking so she caught the smell from the kitchen as she walked in. Then I greated her with a hot cup of tea.
              From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• jonmulzer
                • Dec 2007
                • Indianapolis, IN

I was off on Friday so I picked up the flowers and delivered them personally to her at work. I called one of our friends that works in the building and she met me at the entrance to get me through security so she had no idea I was coming until I met her in the hall on her way to the copy machine. Then last night we went to dinner at a little bistro in the village and then off to great floor seats at Cirque du Soleil. Today she took me to the auto show and when we found a Shelby Cobra she loved it and after explaining that I could order a chassis and such she gave me the go ahead to put it in the budget to get one in the near future!! Best Valentine's gift ever!!
                "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

Working...