• Show
Clear All
  • jcjrsmith
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Mechanicsburg, PA, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Kidney Stones Suck!!!!

Second time in 5 years with a kidney stone. Spent a good portion of Sunday in ER. Back again Monday evening when Vicodin wouldn't knock back the pain. Now I have Percocet, and it is Wednesday evening and that sucker is STILL in there.

Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
    Jerry in PA
    ...Can't sleep, clown will eat me...
    http://home.comcast.net/~jcjrsmith2
  • RmeDad
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Scottsdale, AZ
    • BT3100-1

Me too!

Twice in 5 years also. First time had 3 surgeries, two ultrasonic and one laser. Laser finally got them all. January 8th of this year, had ultrasonic to remove one large (1.2cm) and one medium (.6cm). About the same size as last time. Four more left, either they pass or more surgery, time will tell. NOT FUN!!! Reasonable cost this time.....only a little over $32,000.....thank God for insurance. I feel for you friend. Keep popping those Percs and don't be afraid to ask for more. I was limited to Vic/Tylenol thanks to two heart stents I have and some medications I take.
    Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

I feel for anyone who has problems with stones. I've never had them, but a friend of mine did, and I was with him in the ER. There's no doubt they can be very painful.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Gary Lange
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2008
        • Nixa, Missouri
        • Grizzly 1023SL

I had one that was 7mm X 4mm. Had to get a stint put in then get it blasted into pieces so it would pass. I got enough to cover the bottom of a half dollar size pill jar. I feel your pain for sure and know what you are going thru. Getting that Stint out was no picnic I'm telling you.

Comment

• Russianwolf
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
          • One of them there Toy saws

had that saga a couple months ago myself. I have a Oxicodone prescription in my nightstand waiting for 4 more of the buggers.
          Mike
          Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• RmeDad
            Established Member
            • Jan 2006
            • Scottsdale, AZ
            • BT3100-1

Originally posted by Gary Lange
            I had one that was 7mm X 4mm. Had to get a stint put in then get it blasted into pieces so it would pass. I got enough to cover the bottom of a half dollar size pill jar. I feel your pain for sure and know what you are going thru. Getting that Stint out was no picnic I'm telling you.
            You got that right! Stent both times. Removal is a major pain in the p****!!!!!!!!!

And here's what it looks like:
            Attached Files
            Last edited by RmeDad; 02-11-2009, 08:38 PM.
            Jack

Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

Comment

• Gilbert
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2002
              • Livonia, MI, USA.

Been there; done that.

I would compare a Kidney stone's passage roughly equal to a bowling ball going through the eye of a neddle.

Doctor told me it worse worse than labor with a baby. With labor you at least get a break every few minutes.

Gilbert

Comment

• gsmittle
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2004
                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                • BT 3100

You guys just convinced me to cut down on the salty soda and increase my daily water intake....

Doesn't sound like fun at all...

g.
                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                Bill & Ted

Comment

• Lee4847
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Canton, Oh
                  • BT3100

Been there did that... Not fun!
                  A lady co-worker said it was worse than the kids she had. She said, about the only difference is that 16 years later the stones don't ask for the car keys!
                  Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• Daryl
                    • May 2004

BTDT too five years ago. At first I was worried I would die from just the pain, then I became terrified I wouldn't die. Doc had to go up in and get it out, at least I was knocked out for that, and had the stent, was knocked out for the removal too. I sure hope there is no recurrance.
                    Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

Working...