176

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #1

    176

    That's the number of the IQ of a boy I caught on the news this morning. I didn't catch the whole story in detail, but I think he is 6 years old, and has an incredible mind.

    He can recite the alphabet frontwards and backwards.

    He can name the presidents chronologically, with their birth dates, and what day of the week they were born. Not only that, he can do that at random.

    He can do math problems mentally.

    He can do other stuff too. Did anyone else catch this on TV?
    .
  • MilDoc

    #2
    Didn't see that one. But I did personally examine a 15 month old today who:

    - knows all her colors and pronounces them correctly

    - knows all body parts, points to them, and says them correctly too

    - has been walking alone since 8 months

    - said her first 5 (yes, 5) clear words at 9 months, and now has an estimated vocabulary of 100 words, and speaks 3-5 word sentences

    - plays with and figures out some of the simple "magic tricks" her father has, rather than just mouth them and throw them

    - could name 10 different animals correctly on a test for 5 year olds that I have

    - can count to 10

    and more. I can't wait to see her again at 18 and 24 months!

    Comment

    • Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • 6021
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

      #3
      I think I can safely say that there are some genes I don't share with either one of them.

      Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

      For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

      Comment

      • Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • 10490
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

        #4
        Originally posted by MilDoc
        - said her first 5 (yes, 5) clear words at 9 months, and now has an estimated vocabulary of 100 words, and speaks 3-5 word sentences
        What's the big deal here? I could do that at 9!

        For some reason my 3rd grade teacher didn't seem overly impressed....
        Don, aka Pappy,

        Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

        Comment

        • radhak
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • 3061
          • Miramar, FL
          • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

          #5
          reminds me of that whacky lawyer series featuring Camilla Flockhart where she comes across a genius 10 year old who is too intelligent to play with any kids and has to come work as a lawyer (to the deep regret and sorrow of his mother).

          it ended with him groping the Flockhart-character !

          edit - now i remember the name : Ally McBeal, i think.
          It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
          - Aristotle

          Comment

          • Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • 7091
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

            #6
            I believe you're thinking of Calista Flockhart... (Harrison Ford's other half)

            Comment

            • radhak
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2006
              • 3061
              • Miramar, FL
              • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

              #7
              Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
              I believe you're thinking of Calista Flockhart... (Harrison Ford's other half)
              oops !

              At least I got something right there; maybe even the spelling of that series...and i watched maybe just an episode and a half before i barfed
              It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
              - Aristotle

              Comment

              Working...