Valentines Day

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Richard in Smithville
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 3014
    • On the TARDIS
    • BT 3100

    #1

    Valentines Day

    Do you really need one day of the year to let your significant other know how you feel? LOML and I feel the same about February 14. We know how each other feels and show it all year. Why should I have to do something more on one day just because the card companies/florists/jewelery stores say so? The only reason that Valentines Day stands out for us is because LOML said "yes" 21 years ago. I think it would be hard to top that one.
    From the "deep south" part of Canada

    Richard in Smithville

    http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/
  • Ed62
    The Full Monte
    • Oct 2006
    • 6021
    • NW Indiana
    • BT3K

    #2
    Somebody's got to get the economies going. I guess it's up to the lovers.

    Ed
    Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

    For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      Originally posted by Richard in Smithville
      Do you really need one day of the year to let your significant other know how you feel? LOML and I feel the same about February 14. We know how each other feels and show it all year. Why should I have to do something more on one day just because the card companies/florists/jewelery stores say so? The only reason that Valentines Day stands out for us is because LOML said "yes" 21 years ago. I think it would be hard to top that one.

      Are you saying you got married on Valentines Day? What a way to gather it up. Within a three month period, Dec - Feb, We have Christmas, LOML birthday, our anniversary, and Valentines Day. That's dinner out (no jeans or sneakers), cards, and gifts. Whew!
      .

      Comment

      • Ed62
        The Full Monte
        • Oct 2006
        • 6021
        • NW Indiana
        • BT3K

        #4
        Originally posted by cabinetman
        . Within a three month period, Dec - Feb, We have Christmas, LOML birthday, our anniversary, and Valentines Day. That's dinner out (no jeans or sneakers), cards, and gifts. Whew!
        .
        In December we have birthdays for 3 of our kids (Dec. 7, 23, 24), my wife (Dec. 3), and myself (Dec. 20). We also have Christmas (like everyone else), and our anniversary (Dec. 28). Do I win? I guess I should get her something for Valentine's Day.

        Ed
        Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

        For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

        Comment

        • cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • 15216
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

          #5
          Originally posted by Ed62
          I guess I should get her something for Valentine's Day.

          Ed

          You better.
          .

          Comment

          • germdoc
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2003
            • 3567
            • Omaha, NE
            • BT3000--the gray ghost

            #6
            Originally posted by cabinetman
            You better.
            .
            With my former wife I always felt this "performance anxiety" when it came to gift-giving, planning dinners for Valentine's Day, anniversary, etc. God help me if I forgot a major event.

            Now that I'm dating again I am hoping to get it right. I think anything involving candelight, champagne and chocolate will please this gal.
            Jeff


            “Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

            Comment

            • Richard in Smithville
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • 3014
              • On the TARDIS
              • BT 3100

              #7
              Originally posted by cabinetman
              Are you saying you got married on Valentines Day? What a way to gather it up. .

              That was the "yes", not the "I do". The "I do" came in June.

              My point is this: Shouldn't you be telling your spouse how you feel all year round? I always do.
              Last edited by Richard in Smithville; 02-11-2009, 12:00 PM.
              From the "deep south" part of Canada

              Richard in Smithville

              http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

              Comment

              • RmeDad
                Established Member
                • Jan 2006
                • 231
                • Scottsdale, AZ
                • BT3100-1

                #8
                Long time

                Got engaged on Valentine's Day forty years ago this Saturday. Got married on June 7th of that year. Forty years, and this is only the 2nd Valentine's Day I'm celebrating with LOML! Figure it's about time to get her something. Renewed vows coming in June. I agree, I tell her more than ONCE a year how much I love her.
                Jack

                Throughout my racing career I was constantly reminded of this: "Keep the pointy end forward and the shiny side up!"

                Comment

                • Ed62
                  The Full Monte
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 6021
                  • NW Indiana
                  • BT3K

                  #9
                  Originally posted by RmeDad
                  Renewed vows coming in June.
                  I'd do that in a heartbeat, but she couldn't handle the attention it would bring (52 years next Dec.).

                  Ed
                  Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

                  For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

                  Comment

                  Working...