On Behalf Of...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #1

    On Behalf Of...

    Those were the words I heard answering a phone call at 8:30 PM. They were "On behalf of ABC Healthcare, you as a policy holder are invited to a seminar (at a local hotel) which you will be paid $125 to comment on our policy holder services ". Keep in mind that we are ABC policy holders.

    After a bit more discussion, I find out that that there are a few survey questions I will be asked to qualify for the fee.

    GIMMIE A BREAK. After a little more discussion I drag out of that sweet sounding voice on the phone that she actually works for some marketing company, handling the survey for ABC Healthcare.

    Well, this is a scam of scams. There are people laying awake nights thinking up this junk. Of course, after fulfilling the survey, I wouldn't qualify for the fee. Furthermore, I object to and take offense at ABC giving out our names and phone numbers to this survey company.
    .
    NOTE: ABC is not the real name of our insurance provider. I just used "ABC" to protect the jerks, and keep out of deep doo doo.
    .
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • 4890
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

    #2
    I wonder how they are connected, and if it violates HIPPA or any of the new privacy/medical regulations. (the ones that make it hard for YOU to get test results about YOU, as the insurance company is the customer)
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

    Comment

    • cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • 15216
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

      #3
      Originally posted by LinuxRandal
      I wonder how they are connected, and if it violates HIPPA or any of the new privacy/medical regulations. (the ones that make it hard for YOU to get test results about YOU, as the insurance company is the customer)

      I'm always signing some kind of privacy agreement. I thought this scam took the cake. I'll bet many get hooked with the thought they'll get $125.
      .

      Comment

      Working...