I Pod Problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #1

    I Pod Problem

    LOML has an I Pod Classic. After starting, or while using, it stops, the screen goes gray and the main menu comes on. To continue using she has to start again. The unit is fully charged, and this happens under any power source. She has gone on line to I Pod forums (yeah, they do exist), and there are others that have the same problem, but nobody has an answer. Any ideas?
    .
  • Bigbit
    Established Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 102
    • Southern California
    • BT3100-1

    #2
    Have you tried a reset?

    I have an iPod Mini, and although I have not had your exact problem, I have had other strange behavior and a reset usually clears it up. Here are the instructions to do one for a Mini (check your manual for reset instructions for a Classic):

    Resetting iPod mini
    Most problems with iPod mini can be solved by resetting iPod mini.
    To reset iPod mini:


    1
    Connect iPod mini to a power outlet using the iPod Power Adapter.
    2


    Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again).
    3


    Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds, until the
    Apple logo appears.


    Hope this helps -

    Bigbit

    Comment

    • germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • 3567
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

      #3
      Try resetting:

      http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ip...rt/index.shtml

      If that doesn't work, update/reinstall software:

      http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ip...nt/index.shtml
      Jeff


      “Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

      Comment

      • cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • 15216
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

        #4
        Jeff & Bigbit:

        Thanks for the info. LOML is at work, and I emailed her your help. I'll keep ya-all posted.
        .

        Comment

        • germdoc
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2003
          • 3567
          • Omaha, NE
          • BT3000--the gray ghost

          #5
          If that doesn't work I'll trade you my daughter's ipod nano which went through the wash shortly after she got it, and my son's ipod video which came apart and broke the connectors. Guess I can't send you the 2 that were lost/stolen from bookbags.
          Jeff


          “Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

          Comment

          • iceman61
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2007
            • 699
            • West TN
            • Bosch 4100-09

            #6
            Originally posted by Bigbit
            Have you tried a reset?

            I have an iPod Mini, and although I have not had your exact problem, I have had other strange behavior and a reset usually clears it up. Here are the instructions to do one for a Mini (check your manual for reset instructions for a Classic):

            Resetting iPod mini
            Most problems with iPod mini can be solved by resetting iPod mini.
            To reset iPod mini:


            1
            Connect iPod mini to a power outlet using the iPod Power Adapter.
            2


            Toggle the Hold switch on and off (set it to Hold, then turn it off again).
            3


            Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds, until the
            Apple logo appears.


            Hope this helps -

            Bigbit

            They just showed this on The Today Show about 15 minutes after you posted this. LOL

            Comment

            Working...