• Show
Clear All
  • sparkeyjames
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Redford MI.
    • Craftsman 21829

Banks and foreign workers.

With all the job cuts and after all the bail out money thrown at them, it now comes to light that banks requested more foreign workers in 2008 than in just about any previous year. There is an article in the U.S.A. Today http://www.usatoday.com/money/topsto...27659341_x.htm describing just what was being done.
    This is not just the banks doing this as many tech companies do it as well. I have a friend who works for an I.T. company closely tied to a large international auto company. They replaced many of his co-workers with foreign help. He has told me many times that the overseas workers hired to replace the U.S. workers were close to incompetent. Its all about the bottom line so paying your people less even if the work is sub par, compared to a U.S. worker, seems to be OK.
    Last edited by sparkeyjames; 02-02-2009, 12:42 AM.
  • pierhogunn
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

I'm not going to say what recently bailed out financial institution I work for, but time after time, we are finding out the hard and expensive way that all of this outsourcing to the land of the sacred cow has been a terrible mistake, and this usually only comes to light with the conference-room commander who came up with the Idea get's their unreasonably soft severance package, stock option, and to top it off, a bonus for a job well done ( how they justify running a department into the ground so d@mn hard that there is blast-glass littering the ground I'll never know)

At some point, I wonder if we are ever going to start tarring and feathering people again when they commit mind-numbingly stupid things in the execution of their assigned jobs.

grrr. And tomorow is Monday, when the BS starts all over again...

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking
    It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

Working...