Any OTHER unpayed Comcast beta testers out there?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Any OTHER unpayed Comcast beta testers out there?

They changed our email web program.

Anyone on Comcast, and have you found any issues (already emailed my list to support).

Worst one for me, is a second email address was retrieved by another one. That was broken, and NO way to get to change the password under the management account.

PO'd.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Issues like that are why I went with Gmail a long time ago. I can switch ISPs (and have, twice) and always keep the same email address.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Ed62
      The Full Monte
      • Oct 2006
      • NW Indiana
      • BT3K

Another vote for Gmail.

Ed
      Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Kristofor
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2004
        • Twin Cities, MN
        • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

gmail or buy a domain and roll your own...

I happen to have a Comcast connection (and who would have thought service could go down and prices up when they bought out Time Warner/Road Runner) but I don't use their email servers...

Comment

• LinuxRandal
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2005
          • Independence, MO, USA.
          • bt3100

Originally posted by Kristofor
          gmail or buy a domain and roll your own...

I happen to have a Comcast connection (and who would have thought service could go down and prices up when they bought out Time Warner/Road Runner) but I don't use their email servers...

Comcast bought Time Warner?
          She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Kristofor
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2004
            • Twin Cities, MN
            • Jet JTAS10 Cabinet Saw

Not across the board, I think they swapped some services areas. In Minnesota a large part of the area that had been Time Warner was changed to Comcast a year or two ago. My understanding is that there were some areas where the change went the other way, but in the SW suburbs where all my friends/relatives/coworkers live it turned into Comcast and at least for me (internet only, no cable TV) they raised the cost by $17/mo.

Comment

Working...