I'm Tired

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • 15216
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

    #1

    I'm Tired

    Yes, I’m tired. For several years I’ve been blaming it on getting older, lack of sleep, weekend projects, dusty shop air, poor nutrition, carrying a couple of extra pounds, raising a family, recent ailments, and a dozen other reasons that make you wonder why life is getting tough.

    But now I found out what’s really happening! I’m tired because I’m overworked. The population of the USA reached 300 million last October. 79 million of the population are retired. That leaves 221 million to do the work. There are 19 million toddlers and 76 million students in schools, which leaves 126 million to do the work. Of that total, 21 million are unemployed leaving 105 million to do the work.

    Then you take away 34 million in hospitals and that leaves 71 million to do the work. 43 million are in prisons and that’s 28 million left to do the work. Now take away 14,683,468 federal, 5,344,722 state and 5,370,743 city workers who run our government and you’re left with 2,601,067 to do the work. Take away the 2,601,065 people in the armed forces and that leaves just two people to do the work - You and Me!
    And you’re just sitting there reading this! No wonder I’m tired!!!
    .
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • 3567
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

    #2
    Gosh I'm tired too!
    Jeff


    “Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

    Comment

    • steve-norrell
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 1001
      • The Great Land - Alaska
      • BT3100-1

      #3
      Me three . . . . but I enjoy watching others work.

      Keep up the good work.

      Regards, Steve

      Comment

      • cwithboat
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 614
        • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
        • Craftsman Pro 21829

        #4
        I wasn't tired until I did all that arithmetic.
        regards,
        Charlie
        A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
        Rudyard Kipling

        Comment

        • Richard in Smithville
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • 3014
          • On the TARDIS
          • BT 3100

          #5
          You're talking to the the guy, who on some days, feels like he's carrying Canada. Then you give me something to figure into my day
          From the "deep south" part of Canada

          Richard in Smithville

          http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

          Comment

          Working...