• Show
Clear All
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

God doesn't want me to be rich

Re' another post on winning the lottery--I think that that the BIG GUY upstairs must not want me to be too wealthy. Otherwise I would stop working and get lazy.

I think he feels the same about most people in the world. Except for the stockbrokers who got us into our financial mess, who now may find that they actually have to work for a living. (I doubt it, but it's a nice thought.)

When you think about it, if we all got paid more than what we deserved, what incentive would we have to work more hours, work harder, cooperate with our coworkers, suck up to the boss, try to get a promotion, get an advanced degree, etc.?

So I'm just saying it's God's plan for me to have to deal with ex-spousal maintenance payments, putting several kids through college, the rising costs of just about everything, 2 cars and a roof that need repair, and a serious tool and guitar addiction (which fortunately is in remission at present). Otherwise I'd just retire and move to a tropical climate and be a drain on society.
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

hmmm...food for thought....

Or maybe it's your karma coming back to bite ya...for something you did/did not do in the past (or past life)

me..?!? I think I am shoring up my karma (sorta like credit), and will get to the nice stuff once I have accumulated enough 'miles' !
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

My neighbor's karma ran over my dogma...

Comment

• ragswl4
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Winchester, Ca
        • C-Man 22114

Being rich, who needs it. Just one more thing to worry about. Best idea is to retire to the tropics and be a drain on society. More rich people commit suicide than poor people. God doesn't pick lottery winners anyway. He just wants His 10% if you win.
        RAGS
        Raggy and Me in San Felipe
        sigpic

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Originally posted by ragswl4
          God doesn't pick lottery winners anyway. He just wants His 10% if you win.
          Word is, He ain't too fond of those who are into casting lots... I don't do lotto. I stick to poker and blackjack. At least there, I can have some effect on the outcome.

Comment

• Russianwolf
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
            • One of them there Toy saws

I don't want to be rich. I just want to be able to live at a comfortable level with my family. I don't need a lot to make me happy.

As far as what's going on now. I'll be taking on a second job basically and not seeing a dime for it. I work for a Non-profit and they have been asked to share my services. 1 day per week to take care of their books for them. They will be paying the non-profit that I work for, and I'm not receiving a raise. I'm okay with this for now simply because the non-profit can really use the extra income stream. If they go belly up, then I'm out of work anyway. 100% of something is better than 0% of something.

Once the economy starts shaping back up, then I can ask for a raise. And on the flip side. If one of the two non-profits goes under, then I'll still be receiving pay from the other.
            Mike
            Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

Working...