• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

Mildoc, Germdoc, Doc's knowledge base?

What do steriods do? I know about the athlete ones (shrink peter for paul's muscles)
    What else?
    I am trying to understand, because after all the tests, so far the most beneficial thing my father has responded to, has been some steroid.
    After undergoing a battery of tests (EKG, CT scan, Electroencephalogram, xray's, etc...........), right now (still not a final diagnosis, and LOT's of room for improvement, they are leaning toward Mycoplasim Pneumonia. (sorry about spelling, can't even type straight, due to the brain fog).
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I think you'll find that there are several types of steroids (not just the weight
    builder's anabolic steroids) so you'll probably have to give a little bit more info.

Paul

Comment

• docrowan
      • Mar 2007
      • New Albany, MS
      • BT3100

Not sure if you were aiming at me as well, but for the record I am NOT a doctor - I read a lot in junior high and high school so they started calling me "doc" on the bus.

Having said that, I have three pharmacists in the family, plus my wife worked several years as a pharmacy tech. I know that some steriods supress immune system responses, which is why hydrocortisone for example is used as a topical ointment to reduce itching from rashes. But like Paul said there are many different steriods that have different effects. I'm sure the real docs on the forum will need to know exactly which steriod helped your dad to tell you more about it.
      - Chris.

Comment

Working...