• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

6 Degrees of Separation

between the current temperature and 0 degrees here in Indianapolis. My blood has definitely gotten thinner. I grew up in NY but temperatures that low are a lot colder than I remember them.

Have a great holiday everybody.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • gary
    • May 2004
    • Versailles, KY, USA.

No, it's not colder. They just started messing up making thermometers over the last 20 years and they always read higher every year. They could not figure out why so they just called it global warming instead.
    Gary

Comment

• germdoc
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Omaha, NE
      • BT3000--the gray ghost

Minus 12 this morning in La Crosse. That's funny, when I was walking the dog it only felt like -10.

It was so cold ("how cold was it??") that her pee froze before it hit the snow.

It was so cold that I gladly picked up her poop (with a bag, of course!) just to warm my hands.

It was so cold that my mustache froze and broke off, meaning I don't have to shave this morning.

It was so cold that she barked, and the sound froze and fell on the ground. Will be funny when it thaws and scares the neighborhood cats...
      Last edited by germdoc; 12-22-2008, 11:03 AM.
      Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• kirkroy
        Established Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Brunswick, MD

How I feel in the cold is directly related to how much time I spend out in the cold. When I used to ride my motorcycle to work year round without any special stay warm gear (did this about 10 years) I could walk around in low temps wearing shorts and a tshirt and still be comfortable. Since I wised up and now use electric heat on the motorcycle I have to bundle up to go outside just like everyone else. This is one of those cases where modern luxuries have made me soft but I'm not complaining.

Comment

• Ed62
          The Full Monte
          • Oct 2006
          • NW Indiana
          • BT3K

Anything below 55 degrees above zero is cold.

If we don't hear from you for a while, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ed
          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

Yep, been super cold the last two days here. But it will warm to the 20's tomorrow and Wednesday. But, as there is no free lunch, we are expecting another 10" of snow during those two days.

Comment

• jonmulzer
              • Dec 2007
              • Indianapolis, IN

We are up to 12 degrees now! It's getting balmy! What area of town are you in David? Hope you have a good trip and that you enjoy yourself!
              "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• BobSch
                • Aug 2004
                • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
                • BT3100

Well, it's noon and still -6 here. And I've got a brand new Freud router sitting in the shop just waiting for spring. Gonna be a looooong wait
                Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• crokett
                  The Full Monte
                  • Jan 2003
                  • Mebane, NC, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

I figured it would be a good idea to drive the van today. Took it out and about and it is cold enough that the tire pressure light came on. Tomorrow it is supposed to be a balmy 35, but then it is also supposed to start sleeting.
                  David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...