X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • just started
    • Mar 2008
    • suburban Philly

BORG coupon match ?

Has anyone tried (and more importantly, had success) using a HF "15% off any 1 item" coupon at the BORG (orange OR blue)? I currently have 2 of them, 1 came via email today and is good tomorrow only and the other came via snail mail and is good till xmas. Both are preprinted with my name or I would post them.
  • geopilot
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Lexington, KY, USA.

I got a similar HF coupon by email today. It's good Saturday only, but is 20% off your entire order. Like yours is preprinted with my name- are these single use only?

Comment

• Gator95
      Established Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Atlanta GA
      • Ridgid 3660

Varies wildly from store to store. Last march when I got my Ridgid 3660, one store (Marietta) would not honor competitors coupons, just match price for exact items. Another store (Acworth) would honor coupons, a third store (Shallowford Rd.) matched and cut another 10% off. Probably varies by manager and mood as well.

Bottom line, call around and if you find someone giving good deal get their name and when their shift ends.

Comment

• buckeye95
        Established Member
        • May 2003
        • Columbus, Ohio.
        • Ridgid TS2400

I used a 15% off when the Ridgid TS2400LS was on sale for $349 last year.

I would do exactly what Gator proposed. Call around to find a "yes", then get a name and shift end that you can refer to if you get any pushback at the register.

Good luck,

Pete

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

Used to do this a lot, but both HD and Lowes have tried from the corporate level, with pretty good success, to get this under control. They will still honor each other's deals, but they now classify HF to not be a true competitor, since they do not carry mainstream brands, but only cheap knock-offs. And the "percent off" coupons, particularly the ones on your entire purchase, are really tough to slip by them nowadays.

Your best bet is to try to establish a relationship with a sympathetic box store manager, and then don't over-use it. My best opportunities come when I say something like: "You know I'd rather not do business with these guys (HF), but 15% is hard to ignore these days...". If he's got the margin to spare, he may work with you, but he is accountable to some degree for every item that rings up at a loss. Good luck!

Comment

• cabinetman
            Gone but not Forgotten RIP
            • Jun 2006
            • So. Florida
            • Delta

How in the heck did I get this one?

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
              The Full Monte
              • May 2007
              • Sunshine State
              • BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
              LOL! Ya, the one they e-mailed to me had some other guy's name on it, and the graphics were so messed up that it looked like somebody cobbled it together with a copy machine and scotch tape... I'll have to take the whole e-mail with me to the store today if I decide to use the dang thing, just to prove it really came to me from them...

Comment

• Wood_workur
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2005
                • Ohio
                • Ryobi bt3100-1

Originally posted by cabinetman

It could be worse. Look what they sent men:
                Attached Files
                Alex

Comment