I have a 55 rear-projection TV that is on its last legs and will soon be replaced with 52 Sony LCD TV. Our entertainment center was designed around the big box TV. As a result, I will have to make some changes to mount the new TV.
The entertainment center is 27 deep where the new TV will be placed. I am planning on using 3/4 plywood to make a recessed wall about 7-8 deep and mount the TV with a wall mount so that it will be flush with the face frame of the cabinet. Final depth will depend on the wall mount.
I will have about 2 of clearance on the sides and top of the TV. The bottom will be open down to the floor, about 24.
Not having installed one of these before, how are the TVs mounted to the wall. Will I have any problems with the 2 clearance? Just would like to have a better idea before I pick up the plywood and start cutting.
Ken
The entertainment center is 27 deep where the new TV will be placed. I am planning on using 3/4 plywood to make a recessed wall about 7-8 deep and mount the TV with a wall mount so that it will be flush with the face frame of the cabinet. Final depth will depend on the wall mount.
I will have about 2 of clearance on the sides and top of the TV. The bottom will be open down to the floor, about 24.
Not having installed one of these before, how are the TVs mounted to the wall. Will I have any problems with the 2 clearance? Just would like to have a better idea before I pick up the plywood and start cutting.
Ken


Comment