• Show
Clear All
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Another famous person from Robertsdale, AL

Besides BT3Central's own Lee Styron, I discovered another famous person (of sorts) from Robertsdale, Alabama in reading an article on Money.com

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/09/tech...tune/index.htm

Tim Cook seems to be the "business man" behind Apple. An Auburn grad too! You can find the reference to Robertsdale, Alabama on page two of the write up.

Do you know him Lee?
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!
  • wareagle
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006

Great article - thanks for sharing and War Eagle!

Comment

• DonHo
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2004
      • Shawnee, OK, USA.
      • Craftsman 21829

Not wanting to hijack this thread but just had to ask Wareagle why their fans use "Wareagle" when their mascot is a tiger? The director of the local YMCA is a bama fan and I ask him a similar question as to why bama is the "Crimson Tide" and have an elephant for a mascot. He didn't know the answer but said "Well Auburn is the Auburn Tigers but use Wareagle". So I ask him if he was saying people from Alabama are just kinda mixed up folks". He said, I guess you'd have to say that Anyway if anybody knows the answer to either question, I'd like to hear the story.

DonHo
      Don

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

I have heard of Tim Cook. I did go to school with him. I am sure we passed each other in the halls, but never really met.

Here is the history behind the names for Bama.
        Roll Tide, BTW.

http://www.collegefootballhistory.co...ma/history.htm
        Lee

Comment

• DonHo
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2004
          • Shawnee, OK, USA.
          • Craftsman 21829

Thanks Lee, now I know more about bama football history than any of their fans I've talked to BTW, my wife and I came to Tuscaloosa for the game between and OU and bama in 2003. The bama fans were very nice to us and we had a great time (OU won). I think that was the loudest stadium I was ever in for a football game. If OU and bama can manage to win out there's a good chance they will play for the National Championship. Of course if that happens OU will kick their backsides

DonHo
          Don

Comment

• Stytooner
            Roll Tide RIP Lee
            • Dec 2002
            • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
            • BT3100

My Mom is still living in OK. She has bought some land North of Mobile, so she can have a hand in raising my brothers 4 daughter's. Currently though, I think they are still OU fans.
            Personally, I was not fortunate enough to go to Bama. Community college instead. GI Bill payed for all that though. I did miss the dorm experience, but the barracks experience was just as valuable to me. I don't think I would have changed anything.
            This year Bama is managing to get the job done. That is all it takes for lots of things in life. To be truly fulfilled, however will take much more of an effort. We may win the next two, but Florida in the SEC championship is liable to give the guys the most trouble. Lots of really decent teams out there have been beaten by lesser opponents. The credit really goes to the opponents for having a good day.
            Personally, I think Texas Tech would give Bama the most trouble, however they have not been met by defenses like ours yet.

Larry? What do you mean, famous? I'm not on any who's who list that I am aware of.
            Lee

Comment

Working...