• Show
Clear All
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Pain in feet

LOML has chronic pain in her feet. Seems like it's because of walking around indoors on Tile. Wood floors don't give her much problem, but it'll be a while before I can cover the entire house with wood flooring .

I was wondering if the quickest remedy could be one of those gel insoles for her shoes, like Dr.Scholls, maybe? Anybody try that?

She has said goodbye to dress shoes for some time - only wears sneakers now.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Just a thought, and probably nothing to worry about, but has she been checked for diabetes? Peripheral nerve pain in the feet is sometimes the harbinger of a case of Type 2, as many of the other symptoms are more subtle and set in gradually.

Comment

• OpaDC
      Established Member
      • Feb 2008
      • Pensacola, FL
      • Ridgid TS3650

Been "gellin" for years and I won't go without them. I use them to help my back. The boots I wear when playing with my toys in the garage have both full sole and heels, same for when I go somewhere when I will be on my feet for extended periods or walking a lot. Otherwise I have just the full sole. For me, a noticeable difference.

second star to the right and straight on til morning

Comment

• ironhat
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
        • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

Originally posted by OpaDC
        Been "gellin" for years and I won't go without them. I use them to help my back. The boots I wear when playing with my toys in the garage have both full sole and heels, same for when I go somewhere when I will be on my feet for extended periods or walking a lot. Otherwise I have just the full sole. For me, a noticeable difference.

Ditto Opa on the 'gels. I found a cheaper impostor that works just as well, but be sure you check out UC's caution about PAD or diabetes.
        Blessings,
        Chiz

Comment

• shoottx
          Veteran Member
          • May 2008
          • Plano, Texas
          • BT3000

Here is another option. Not cheap but they are very good

http://www.idealfeet.com/
          Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

• rmcjh
            Forum Newbie
            • Oct 2003
            • Waxahachie, Texas, USA.

She may want to see a foot MD. She could have what is called Mortons Neuroma, it similar to having carpal tunnel but it is in the feet rather than the hands. If her pain is in the ball of the feet that could be her problem.

The gel soles will definitely help along with good fitting shoes.
            roger

Comment

• crokett
              The Full Monte
              • Jan 2003
              • Mebane, NC, USA.
              • Ryobi BT3000

Look into Z-Health.

http://www.zhealth.net/

My wife is certified. I've seen it work wonders on her clients. My own personal experience is I love to run but my job involves a lot of sitting which means tight hips. For a while my knees were bothering me a little because of the tight muscles. Since I've started the program no more knee pain, and it fixed my overpronation - I had to buy a couple pairs of new shoes cause of the way the soles on the old ones were worn.
              David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• radhak
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2006
                • Miramar, FL
                • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

whoa! lotsa information!

thanks everybody - good options for us to consider. and yes, most urgent is to check her out for diabetes - her father died fairly young of diabetes...
                It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                - Aristotle

Comment

• Eric
                  • Jun 2003
                  • Cocolalla, ID
                  • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

I had pain in my feet that had gotten so bad that I actually went to a podiatrist.

I was standing on concrete a couple hours a day, and the doctor suggested that I get some insoles from a sporting goods place. They're a hard plastic that took some getting used to, but once I did the pain subsided.

Think it was the tendons in my feet had contracted and the insoles forced them to loosen up. I can't go more than a day or two with out them in my shoes or my feet start hurting again. Think they cost $20 or something. Super simple solution to my situation.

Comment

• JSUPreston
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2005
                    • Montgomery, AL.
                    • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Could also be something like posterior tibular tendonitis (sp?) I was diagnosed with it earlier this year. Shoes with arch support help a lot, but my left foot will ache like crazy if I'm on concrete or something similar for too long.
                    "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

Working...