• Show
Clear All
  • bigstick509
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2004
    • Macomb, MI, USA.
    • BT3100

Rotator Cuff Rehab

I just got back from surgery on my shoulder and I have a question about the length of rehab if anyone has gone threw one of these. I should mention that this is the second surgery on my right shoulder since 4/7/08. After the first surgery I did about 8 weeks and then went back to work with restrictions. About a month ago the shoulder started to give me trouble again. I know every injury is not the same but would like some input from anyone that has had this done. It seems that its time to reinstall the voice recognition software as one handed typing is a real pain.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Yeah, Mike... I have been through similar. Shoulders are tricky, and everybody's rehab is a little different. Best advice I can give is to not try to come back too early, as you can really muck it up if you overdo it. Do your range-of-motion exercises, eat right, listen to the docs, and try to be patient...

Comment

• iceman61
      • Oct 2007
      • West TN
      • Bosch 4100-09

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
      Yeah, Mike... I have been through similar. Shoulders are tricky, and everybody's rehab is a little different. Best advice I can give is to not try to come back too early, as you can really muck it up if you overdo it. Do your range-of-motion exercises, eat right, listen to the docs, and try to be patient...
      DITTO!!! Good luck with that shoulder Mike.

I'll be nice & won't go there with the "one handed typing" jokes. Did I just say that out loud?
      Last edited by iceman61; 10-27-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Hellrazor
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Abyss, PA
        • Ridgid R4512

Originally posted by iceman61

I'll be nice & won't go there with the "one handed typing" jokes. Did I just say that out loud?
        In his case he would have to type with his nose...

I know a few people who had the dreaded shoulder surgery and some were out of work up to 4-6months. Some were back to work in weeks. It all depends on how severe it was and the type of job they have.

Comment

Working...