Halloween tricks...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • rjwaldren
    Established Member
    • Nov 2007
    • 368
    • Fresno, CA

    #1

    Halloween tricks...

    My four year old daughter, was "scaring" me with a fake spider yesterday. It looks like she's into this year, so I'm looking for ideas, just simple stuff, I don't want to send her to therapy just yet.

    Right now her spider is waiting to drop at the front door and an envelope of "rattlesnake" eggs is sitting on the coffee table.

    My buddies had some good ideas but they're over the top - from when we used to do an annual haunted house - We were trying make adults pee their pants back then though.
  • ironhat
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • 2553
    • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
    • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

    #2
    Too bad that she sewed up the spider thing. It would be great to tie one to a string and tape the string to the top of her bedroom jamb at just about eyeball level. Then, call to her and have her walk into it. Not too traumatic.
    Blessings,
    Chiz

    Comment

    • rjwaldren
      Established Member
      • Nov 2007
      • 368
      • Fresno, CA

      #3
      The one day she doesn't beat my wife through the door. Daughter laughed, but my wife freaked.

      The rattlesnake eggs worked perfectly though.

      Comment

      • leehljp
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • 8803
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

        #4
        Three of mine:

        3. I bought a large balloon about 18 inches in diameter when blown up and put it in a black garbage bag. Taped items on it to make it look like a black ghost. With a pulley and string, I had it hanging from the front of the house at the point where people came to the door. When they came, I let go of the string and the "ghost" fell on them. Not real scary but fun.

        2. I had a RC 4X4 truck about 15 inches long. I made a paper mache and wire body to look like a spider. Next I got 8 long pieces of wire and made them look like spider legs. On the legs I used folded masking tape lengthwise and painted black.

        I set it outside near the door. As people got near the door, I would give it a slight "bump". People would look and look and then walk to the door - at which point I would chase them. FUN! FUN!

        1. Best one: I dressed up in coveralls, gloves, face mask and hat - with straw sticking out of the sleeves, hat, collar. I sat by the door like a crumpled up scare crow with my head down so that they couldn't see my eyes. As people approached and got beside me, I would twitch. It would scare the hibe jibies out of them. One parent came up and said how "cute" a scarecrow. As she touched me - I grabbed her hand. Talk about SCREAMING - she SCREAMED and RAN!

        This was in an international section of Tokyo some 20 years ago. A few people in that neighborhood still talk about those halloweens.
        Last edited by leehljp; 10-07-2008, 11:42 PM.
        Hank Lee

        Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

        Comment

        • Uncle Cracker
          The Full Monte
          • May 2007
          • 7091
          • Sunshine State
          • BT3000

          #5
          Put this in your yard...
          Attached Files

          Comment

          • rjwaldren
            Established Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 368
            • Fresno, CA

            #6
            That's would destroy my daughter. Reminds me of an old "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy" from SNL. Paraphrased:

            "I told my nephew I would take him to Disneyland. I drove him to a burnt dow abandoned warehouse and said - Oh no, Disneyland burned down. We started toward the real Disneyland, but it was kinda late."

            I think my wife has forgiven me for the spider. As soon as I realized she was the one opening the door. I took off running and yelling - don't open the door of course she opened it to hear what I was saying. The interesting thing that we laughed about later was what really scared me at the time. She was carrying my 3 month old son - But her reaction was to protect him by throwing herself between him and danger - Good mommy, bad daddy.

            Comment

            • herb fellows
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • 1867
              • New York City
              • bt3100

              #7
              Certainly nothing to do to your daughter, but if you have neighbor kids you just don't like, try this!
              I take the neighbor's kids shopping at the supermarket. While there, I buy a large bag of apples. As I'm checking out, I look a little flustered and absent minded as I ask the check out clerk 'I'm sorry, where do they keep the razor blades'?

              Usually gets their attention.
              You don't need a parachute to skydive, you only need a parachute to skydive twice.

              Comment

              Working...